Day Pass for British Colonial Hilton?

bangzoom6877

Does anyone know how much the day pass costs for the British Colonial Hilton in Nassau? Are children welcome? We will have our 2 sons with us, who will be 4 and 6 when we sail. It looks perfect, since it has a ncie beach plus bathrooms! Any feedback about it?

Does anyone know how much the day pass costs for the British Colonial Hilton in Nassau? Are children welcome? We will have our 2 sons with us, who will be 4 and 6 when we sail. It looks perfect, since it has a ncie beach plus bathrooms! Any feedback about it?

The hilton cost $55 per adult, not sure about kids. Island marketing has passes at a $5 discount. Passes include a $30 voucher for lunch. Kids have a $10 voucher. There's no kids menu.

The property is a business hotel, not a resort. It's quiet, relaxing and very serene. Kids are allowed, but there's no tolerance for running around, shouting or whining. As I said, it's a quiet business hotel.

So if you're kids are ok with hanging out at the waters edge playing or relaxing playing with the tubes. This place is for you. If not.. you'll need somewhere with more to offer, like the sheraton or Wyndham.

The beach is the size of a football field. It's clean and clear. No jetskis, no banana rides etc.

I love this place.. because it's quiet and I can relax and read a book without being disturbed.

We were at the BCH 2 days ago. It was spring break, but they still sold day passes. They were $55pp with $30 food and beverage credit. We did not see any spring breakers there. They were all at Senor Frogs next door. We could hear a little bit of noise from Senor Frogs, but it wasn't noticeable.

The reason we went to BCH was because we wanted a quiet place to go to the beach away from the crowds, and we have been there before. There were 4 ships in port (one of them being the Oasis of the Seas), so there were a lot of people in port.

The beach was very clean. We did not see any garbage in the water like a previous poster said. There was a man hand raking the beach when we arrived. It was a little chilly on Sunday, so we didn't go in the water, but we had a nice day on the beach under the palm trees and had an excellent view as the Oasis of the Seas departed Nassau.

We had lunch and a couple of drinks and still had money left over from the voucher to leave a nice tip.

We were at the BCH 2 days ago. It was spring break, but they still sold day passes. They were $55pp with $30 food and beverage credit. We did not see any spring breakers there. They were all at Senor Frogs next door. We could hear a little bit of noise from Senor Frogs, but it wasn't noticeable.

The reason we went to BCH was because we wanted a quiet place to go to the beach away from the crowds, and we have been there before. There were 4 ships in port (one of them being the Oasis of the Seas), so there were a lot of people in port.

The beach was very clean. We did not see any garbage in the water like a previous poster said. There was a man hand raking the beach when we arrived. It was a little chilly on Sunday, so we didn't go in the water, but we had a nice day on the beach under the palm trees and had an excellent view as the Oasis of the Seas departed Nassau.

We had lunch and a couple of drinks and still had money left over from the voucher to leave a nice tip.

Hello,

We have also booked to spend the day at the BC Hilton...we have two boys ages 17 and 13 who I think will enjoy the pool and ocean-using the kayaks which they say are available. Can I ask you to tell me about the food that is available to get some idea what we can expect. Also, is there changing facilities near the pool? what time did you head back to the ship? We are there from noon-7pm that day...I think they told me we could stay until 6pm and it would be fine. Any other info would be appreciated about the facilities at the BCH. Are mats also available to use in the ocean or just the pool? I'm glad the beach was clean, I too saw those photos..but with the renovations it looks very nice. Plus scuba girl loves it. Our boys just love snorkeling and swimming so they are rather calm-lounging around and using the kayaks would be fun for them.. Thanks in advance.

Most items on the lunch menu are $14 and $15. Some of the items I remember are chicken tenders, burger, mahi mahi wrap, turkey club, chicken wrap (may have been jerk chicken, I don't really remember), grouper fingers, salad, veggie burger. Most meals came with fries or chips. soda was $3, virgin frozen drinks were $5.50, frozen drinks w/ alcohol were $8. Cosmos were $12. We aren't allowed to post a web site here, but if you google British colonial hilton patio grill lunch menu you will find the hotel's web site with the lunch menu without the prices.

The BCH is more of a business hotel than a resort. It has a rectangle pool (nothing fancy) with lounges and tables and a patio bar and grill. The beach has palm trees, lounges, and tiki umbrellas for shade. It is in the harbor and you have a nice view of all the ships in port.

There are restrooms at the back of the patio bar/grill near the pool where you can change. I didn't see a shower except one by the beach where you could wash off. But the restrooms were clean and large enough to change in.

There are floating mats at the pool and for the ocean, and sand toys for the kids. There is a lifeguard at the pool. They also give you towels so you don't have to bring them from the ship. There are also hammocks in the shade that you can relax in if you would like. The water is very calm there because it is in the harbor and not an ocean facing beach. You can also walk there from the ship. Just walk past Senor Frogs and go around the corner to the front entrance of the hotel, and go to the front desk and ask to purchase a day pass. We bought one that day and did not reserve it ahead of time. This is the second time we have gone to the BCH.

There were a few kayaks available that you could use. There is nothing to see if you snorkel there. You can take a snorkel trip by boat to a reef for an additional fee if you want from the beach next to Senor Frogs.

We stayed there until around 3pm. All aboard was at 4:30pm and we wanted to make a few stops before heading back to the ship. When the ship left at 5pm, we sailed past the BCH and there were still people on the beach. I think the lifeguards and towel hut might close at 5pm though.

My husband and I will have a 15 month-old w/ us. We thought it would be nice to purchase a day pass at a hotel so that our son can play in the sand and take a dip in the beach/pool. He's pretty laid back though. Scubagirl - do you think a different hotel would be a better option for us?

We were planning on spending the day at the BCH w/ our son. He'll be 15-months old at that time. We just wanted a low-key day where he could play in the sand and take a dip in the pool/beach. How does this compare to the other hotel options? Will they be OK w/ my son there?

Sorry for the duplicate posts! My laptop was acting up and I'm not sure how to delete the 2nd message. :o

We were planning on spending the day at the BCH w/ our son. He'll be 15-months old at that time. We just wanted a low-key day where he could play in the sand and take a dip in the pool/beach. How does this compare to the other hotel options? Will they be OK w/ my son there?

Archived