New category confusion on Dawn- SJ Family Suite

2boyzmom

Agent is incorrect - this is from NCL website

Bring the whole gang because this suite sleeps up to six guests. It features a queen-size bed that converts to two lower beds, a sofa bed and additional bedding to sleep two more. Everyone can hang out in the living and dining area and there is a luxury bath with shower. Butler and concierge available.

Accommodates: 4-6Approx. Size: 409 sq. ft.

Deck(s) Location Comments Category

12 Forward

Agent is incorrect - this is from NCL website

Bring the whole gang because this suite sleeps up to six guests. It features a queen-size bed that converts to two lower beds, a sofa bed and additional bedding to sleep two more. Everyone can hang out in the living and dining area and there is a luxury bath with shower. Butler and concierge available.

Accommodates: 4-6Approx. Size: 409 sq. ft.

Deck(s) Location Comments Category

12 Forward

I figure if my Travel Agent is giving me information, and for some reason (call it a gut feeling) I don't trust or believe the TA's information and I have to go to an Internet Message Board to get the correct information...then it is obviously time to get a new Travel Agent.

For if they give be wrong info...or if they give me info that I have to question because it doesn't "sound right", then what good are they really?

I just called NCL directly. They said the family suites will be started in dry dock and will be open for use in September. They said "for now" they will be treated as suites but will not be "definite" until after May. They did say that most likey they will be treated just like the Star family suites (which are with suite benefits). I am just a bit leary now because if you rememeber- mini suites once had butler/concierge service and it was pulled from that category...... Scary that even NCL didnt know- he had me on hold for quite awhile to figure out the answer!

I just called NCL directly. They said the family suites will be started in dry dock and will be open for use in September. They said "for now" they will be treated as suites but will not be "definite" until after May. They did say that most likey they will be treated just like the Star family suites (which are with suite benefits). I am just a bit leary now because if you rememeber- mini suites once had butler/concierge service and it was pulled from that category...... Scary that even NCL didnt know- he had me on hold for quite awhile to figure out the answer!

Mini-suites did not have butler services only concierge.

I had the same problem when I called NCL direct for my trip in May. She emphatically stated no suite benefits, when I directed her to the website, she put me on hold for a few minutes and stated, that I was correct.

I booked it, and then came to CC to confirm. Thanks CC.

We are a family of 4 - 2 adults, girl age 14 and boy age 20 and are wondering if the new Family Suites on the NCL Dawn will be large enough to accommodate us. I read that the second room is a children's bedroom - does anyone know what size that is - doesn't describe the bed size anywhere either. (P.S. This is my first post). So, if I've done this wrong, someone please re-direct me...

We are a family of 4 - 2 adults' date=' girl age 14 and boy age 20 and are wondering if the new Family Suites on the NCL Dawn will be large enough to accommodate us. I read that the second room is a children's bedroom - does anyone know what size that is - doesn't describe the bed size anywhere either. (P.S. This is my first post). So, if I've done this wrong, someone please re-direct me...[/quote']

The family suite's do not have separate bedrooms. They are only one large room. There is a 2 bedroom suite which is different. The new "family suites" are on the NCL Star webpage under cabin choices.

For the 4 adults, get a room such as 12008 on the Star. It says it can accommodate 6. It will be a queen bed, pull out sofa, and murphy bed. If you don't and get one that accommodates 4, you will have the pull out sofa only. With children of opposite sexes, this would be good, otherwise you and the spouse would be split up.

For the 4 adults, get a room such as 12008 on the Star. It says it can accommodate 6. It will be a queen bed, pull out sofa, and murphy bed. If you don't and get one that accommodates 4, you will have the pull out sofa only. With children of opposite sexes, this would be good, otherwise you and the spouse would be split up.

The four of us booke a cabin that accomodates 6. My boys are getting kinda big to sleep together so we can use the murphy bed and sofa :)

Hey 2boyzmom - what room and ship did you book then? The rep at NCL sent me floor plan for a 2 bedroom - 2nd being a childrens room apparently - but when I look online its simply called a Family Suite SJ (no pics since these rooms will be new in May) - am apprehensive about booking a Family Suite for the 4 of us - makes more sense for us to split up and book our own rooms - have done this past 3 cruises - husband and his son in one room, my daughter and myself in another (we are a step family)....I just wanted to enjoy the benefits of a suite - concierge and butler and vip on/off - that in itself is a treat for me since I detest all the lines and the waiting...

Hey 2boyzmom - what room and ship did you book then? The rep at NCL sent me floor plan for a 2 bedroom - 2nd being a childrens room apparently - but when I look online its simply called a Family Suite SJ (no pics since these rooms will be new in May) - am apprehensive about booking a Family Suite for the 4 of us - makes more sense for us to split up and book our own rooms - have done this past 3 cruises - husband and his son in one room' date=' my daughter and myself in another (we are a step family)....I just wanted to enjoy the benefits of a suite - concierge and butler and vip on/off - that in itself is a treat for me since I detest all the lines and the waiting...[/quote']

We booked the SJ on the Dawn. There are no pics yet but was told they will be identical to the cabinss added to the Star. We booked the 2 bdrm a few years ago and loved it but is wayyy too expensive for the 10 night cruise we booked for next April

• 2 weeks later...

This is my first post as I just joined the website today. But, I have a family suite booked on the star, I think room 12016. I have read that some of the perks include breakfast and/or lunch at Cagney's. Is this true? If so, does it cost? Does anyone know if any restaurants have private rooms that accomodate up to 10 people. I've cruised NCL Spirit and Cagney's has a wonderful private room we were able to book. Also, are the pay restaurants the same charge for the family suites as it is for the normal rooms? Thank you in advance for any information!

Wow, I thought that when NCL changed the designations for the various cabin levels so that S=Suite and M=Minisuite, etc., there wouldn't be any confusion. Sounds like I was wrong. It's almost (but not quite) hard to believe that even NCL reps can't figure it out. :eek:

I know- and the price for the family suite is great- so I am hoping they dont pull a "fast one" and take away the suite perks!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

Hi 2boyzmom, How was your Haven suite on the Epic, recently? We had a Haven Penthouse on the Jade in Venice and there is no comparison to any other room so far. We have booked a new Family Suite for cruising this coming January 2015. We have 4 people traveling this time. Have you stayed in a Family Suite ( SJ) on the Dawn or Star before? Thanks

Hi 2boyzmom, How was your Haven suite on the Epic, recently? We had a Haven Penthouse on the Jade in Venice and there is no comparison to any other room so far. We have booked a new Family Suite for cruising this coming January 2015. We have 4 people traveling this time. Have you stayed in a Family Suite ( SJ) on the Dawn or Star before? Thanks

Hi- we are on the Haven Epic in 10 days! We had the SJ booke on the Dawn 2 years ago but asked my TA to call for an updgrade and we landed up in Deluxe Owners Suite on the Dawn cabin #12000. It cost another $1000 but was amazing. I poked my head in the SJ and they were beautiful. Themurhy bed goes in the wall so you have plenty of space during the day and the walls of glass are amazing. You will not miss the balcony at all. Our owners suite had no balcony and it didnt matter at all!!! Enjoy. The price is great and you get all the perks plus you are right on the pool deck.

Edited by 2boyzmom

Hi- we are on the Haven Epic in 10 days! We had the SJ booke on the Dawn 2 years ago but asked my TA to call for an updgrade and we landed up in Deluxe Owners Suite on the Dawn cabin #12000. It cost another $1000 but was amazing. I poked my head in the SJ and they were beautiful. Themurhy bed goes in the wall so you have plenty of space during the day and the walls of glass are amazing. You will not miss the balcony at all. Our owners suite had no balcony and it didnt matter at all!!! Enjoy. The price is great and you get all the perks plus you are right on the pool deck.

Thank you for the information. Is this the first time in the Haven for you guys? How far in advance did you ask for that upgrade to the Owner's Suite?

:)