Captain Marvin's or Cayman in a Nutshell in GC?

jashmom

My family and I will be in GC next month on the Freedom. I have 4 kids (8,6,3 and 23 months). After reading several threads and emailing both Captain Marvin's and Cayman in a Nutshell, I'm torn on which one to book our excursion with. I know both are sister companies and both have tours to all the places we want to go to (Stingray City, turtle farm, Hell and beach). I guess my biggest concern is the crowds and the time factor. Since I have small children, I don't want the tour to be too crowded for them, but have enough time to do everything. I think on the day we will be in GC there will be 3 or 4 other ships in port as well. Any opinions on either company would greatly be appreciated!!! Thanks!!!

It's pretty much the same tour. You got to the dock and do the stingray city tour. When you're done, you get on the tour bus to do the land portion of the tour. They stop at the dock to pick you up. When the tour is going back to town, they drop you off to eat lunch. Then they pick you up from lunch and take you back to town. The only real difference between the two is the lunch.

There were 7 people plus 3 crew on the boat to sting ray city and snorkle, perhaps 15 or so on the land tour. My wife and I were the only ones at lunch.

If your worried about crowds you should take stingraysailing.com as they limit the people on the boat. Also you have more room to spread out on the catamaran and they have a toilet on board in case the little have to go in a hurry.They also supply cold water bottles and fresh fruit onboard and they sell beer to the adults..Also easy access in and out of the boat.the owners Chip and Michelle have young kids so they will understand your situation .Drop them an email and see what they have to say.michelle does the emails late at night usuually so it may take a few hours to get back to you.This is them taking us out on our excursion to see the stingrays and snorkleing for the day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kADRJmILCB0

It's pretty much the same tour. You got to the dock and do the stingray city tour. When you're done, you get on the tour bus to do the land portion of the tour. They stop at the dock to pick you up. When the tour is going back to town, they drop you off to eat lunch. Then they pick you up from lunch and take you back to town. The only real difference between the two is the lunch.

There were 7 people plus 3 crew on the boat to sting ray city and snorkle, perhaps 15 or so on the land tour. My wife and I were the only ones at lunch.

ericosmith...Thank you for the info! We ended up booking the "nutshell" tour. DH and I didn't want to have to worry about lunch especially with our kids. The whole family can't wait to do this tour! My DD is really excited to snorkel for the first time.

If your worried about crowds you should take stingraysailing.com as they limit the people on the boat. Also you have more room to spread out on the catamaran and they have a toilet on board in case the little have to go in a hurry.They also supply cold water bottles and fresh fruit onboard and they sell beer to the adults..Also easy access in and out of the boat.the owners Chip and Michelle have young kids so they will understand your situation .Drop them an email and see what they have to say.michelle does the emails late at night usuually so it may take a few hours to get back to you.This is them taking us out on our excursion to see the stingrays and snorkleing for the day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kADRJmILCB0

Awesome videos! I'm going to show your videos at Stingray City to my kids so they'll know what to expect when we go! Thanks!

Archived