Sky Safari Zip Line

tiffstulips

Just off the SOS. Booked the Sky Safari Zip Line excursion through the ship. It was great! We have ziplined in St Martin and the was completley different. This was all above the tree tops. 4 lines one of them is a double. Not for the faint of heart! but fun!

• 2 weeks later...

I was also just off the SOS and did this tour. I am not sure if you are asking how long each zip is or the total tour. The total tour lasted about 3 1/2 hours. There is about a 20 min ride there. Then you have to get all your gear on. Then there is instruction and you take a practice run on a very short zip. I didn't quite extend my arms all the way and I felt it in my neck....do as they say. You then take a 5-7 min bus up a VERY bumpy rode to the first line which is the longest (10-15 secs maybe?). I actually took some movies as I was moving, but was hard to judge the end and you have to stow your camera so you can hold on with both hands at the stop. Then you progress on to the other 3 zips, one you go 40+mph, one is a dual. We even saw a green monkey on one. Our guides were a lot of fun and did a great job of being patient with 1 in our group that freaked out before the long run. She is quite tiny and was afraid of getting stuck in the middle. I really enjoyed it, but of course would have loved about 10 more runs.:D A very good system they have here.

So to sum up: there are 5 runs with one being a little practice run

The actual total ziplining is probably under a minute if you added them all together. It goes very fast.

thanks for that review - My DD and I are doing the zipline in May - I am a little afraid of heights but love speed... So looking forward to this:)

I hope you love it. It might be a little intimidating at the beginning, but try and look past the height and realize that it is sooooo FUN! I didn't know this, but my db has a fear of heights and had a ball. I had absolutely no fear at all, not sure why????? but I just felt so safe with their system. My db said he thought it looked like it was designed by some chair lift people or something. They really do have an intricate system, which is why I chose this one. And you don't have to brake....just extend your arms and raise your knees. Have fun!!! We are going back to St Kitts next year and I just might do it again.

• 2 weeks later...

May I ask how steep/extreme the climb was to reach each platform? We have zipped before and it's AMAZING! However, I have a bad knee and the last time we went one of the climbs to the next line almost killed me. Any info would be most appreciated-Thanks :)

May I ask how steep/extreme the climb was to reach each platform? We have zipped before and it's AMAZING! However, I have a bad knee and the last time we went one of the climbs to the next line almost killed me. Any info would be most appreciated-Thanks :)

There were a few at the beginning to get to the gear shed. I don't remember more than 3 or 4 if that, at any except the last one and it had about 12 but you climb 1 or 2 and wait, then 1 or 2 and wait for the other to be hooked up and go. That is the tandem one.

There were a few at the beginning to get to the gear shed. I don't remember more than 3 or 4 if that' date=' at any except the last one and it had about 12 but you climb 1 or 2 and wait, then 1 or 2 and wait for the other to be hooked up and go. That is the tandem one.[/quote']

Thanks, but I am still a little confused. One more question please...Are you talking about steps and/or ladders? I am good with that. Where I have my problem is with steep or rocky hillsides. The last time we zipped the platforms were quite a hike apart from each other. I don't have a problem with the distance, it's trying to walk/climb up a sharp inclines, especially if it's muddy. Thanks Again! L.

Thanks, but I am still a little confused. One more question please...Are you talking about steps and/or ladders? I am good with that. Where I have my problem is with steep or rocky hillsides. The last time we zipped the platforms were quite a hike apart from each other. I don't have a problem with the distance, it's trying to walk/climb up a sharp inclines, especially if it's muddy. Thanks Again! L.

They are steps up to a wooden platform. I wish I could remember clearer about the in between part. It seems to me there was one place that we had to walk down a steeper hill. I am sorry,:( hopefully someone else can help with this. I'll ask my ds & his gf maybe they remember better. We did this hike from #$%& in Dominica and I can't remember the difference.

• 2 weeks later...
They are steps up to a wooden platform. I wish I could remember clearer about the in between part. It seems to me there was one place that we had to walk down a steeper hill. I am sorry' date=':( hopefully someone else can help with this. I'll ask my ds & his gf maybe they remember better. We did this hike from #$%& in Dominica and I can't remember the difference.[/quote']

I only remember one walk of any distance between platforms and that was to the last one. Other than that, the platforms are all near the end of each line.

• 9 months later...

I'm interested in booking this excursion, and realize I need to book it through the ship. For those that have done the ziplining in St. Kitts, any idea how far in advance this excursion needs to be booked through Carnival Victory? I read that it's not advisable to wait until arriving on the ship as it may already be booked up.

Archived