30 days!!!!!

snebel84

I cruise in 30 days!!!! My first cruise! Is it too early to start packing? I have a feeling I am going to over pack!! My fiance says hes just wearing a bathsuit and flip flips for a whole week! Any suggestions on packing or when you started packing??

I am a horrible packer... I pack the night before we leave for the port. Generally, I get pretty much everything packed that I need so it's not much of an issue.

I pack lighter on every cruise I'm on. I told our group the last time that I was packing shorts, t-shirts, flip flops and my Sunday boxers...

:D

Remember, the vast majority of the time you'll be in shorts and such. The ladies like to pack something for each evening... the guys not so much.

It's VACATION... don't stress over the little things. No one will care if you wear the same outfit twice or if there's a random wrinkle here or there. We're all in the same boat (no pun intended...) and that kinda stuff happens.

I always tell folks to take a look at what you've got packed and reduce it by half and you'll still be over packed!

Have a brilliant time on your cruise.

:)

I'm cruising in less than 30 days, and I have started what I call "pre-packing". I leave a suitcase in an out of the way but convenient location, and as I find things i don't want to forget on my cruise, I thrown them in. I used to just make a list ahead of time, but then couldn't always find the things I needed.

I am a horrible packer... I pack the night before we leave for the port. Generally, I get pretty much everything packed that I need so it's not much of an issue.

I pack lighter on every cruise I'm on. I told our group the last time that I was packing shorts, t-shirts, flip flops and my Sunday boxers...

Remember, the vast majority of the time you'll be in shorts and such. The ladies like to pack something for each evening... the guys not so much.

It's VACATION... don't stress over the little things. No one will care if you wear the same outfit twice or if there's a random wrinkle here or there. We're all in the same boat (no pun intended...) and that kinda stuff happens.

I always tell folks to take a look at what you've got packed and reduce it by half and you'll still be over packed!

Great Advice! Do I really need to pack two dresses for the formal nights?

I know how you feel, we leave on 3/26 and I have been eyeing my suitcases ;)

What I did was to get all the possible summer items to gether in one place, shoes, bathing suits, cover ups, etc.

Then I tried them on and made a list of what had to be replaced, taken in, etc. Now that I have that pile, last weekend I went through it all and cut it down to 1/2 and this weekend I will pack 1/2 of that(and I bet I still pack too much, especially shoes)

One other weekend, I made a list of the items I needed from the drugstore, like suntan lotion, extra sunglasses, aspirin,new mascara, travel size items, books and purchased all that so that was done.

I also made a list of what documents I needed and made copies of all. Made a copy of my credit card numbers and cleaned out my wallet.

So these were my projects to keep me busy and stave off the actual packing.

I am really packing this weekend!!!!

Have fun, the anticipation is part of the fun / enjoyment (to me it is slow torture:))

Host Mach, your advise has been so valuable to so many of us and I am sure will continue to be. Thank you!!!!!! I know it must have been such a struggle to gain such valuable info on all of your cruises. But I sincerely Thank you!

I've been gradually packing for the last week or two for my cruise in 9 days. I definitely live by the same advice Host Mach gave.

I just go in my closet and pull out what I think I want to take, then over the next couple of weeks I'll go back through it a couple of times and put about half of it back. For this 8 day I'll take: for dinner a pair of nice black pants and about 5 or 6 nice tops, 2 nice but easily packable dresses for elegant nights (I'm going on an 8 day, so 2 elegant nights), and 1 pair of plain black and 1 pair of dressier shoes. Everything else are shorts, t-shirts, sandals, flip flops, swimsuit and coverup, and 1 pair of jeans or khaki's for travelling home. Oh and pj's of course :-)

Host Mach, your advise has been so valuable to so many of us and I am sure will continue to be. Thank you!!!!!! I know it must have been such a struggle to gain such valuable info on all of your cruises. But I sincerely Thank you!

It's not been a struggle at all. I'm nosy by nature and ask questions constantly. Sometimes I get to ask them of the right people!

Another questions! Does the ship give you a list of the entertainment or what kind of shows are available each night?

Yes, you will get a FunTimes in your room each day, which is a schedule for the day of all activities that will be going on around the ship, including entertainment.

If you wanted to know up front, you can try searching the board for FunTimes for your ship from a previous (not to long ago) sailing and looking at them. They do not change a whole lot week to week, but they do change so keep that in mind.

Another questions! Does the ship give you a list of the entertainment or what kind of shows are available each night?

All entertainment will be listed in the Fun Times, which is the on board activity schedule. You'll receive the Fun Times for the next day in your cabin each night when the steward does the turn down. You can also do a search on these boards for the Fun Times for your itinerary. If you don't get results searching for Fun Times, try Capers (that's what the name of the schedule was until fairly recently).

Archived