Five Star catarman lunch and turtle encounter

1skier1

we will be in barbados and doing this excursion through celebrity. has anyone been on it? what did you think? last year we did the snokel with turtles and shipwreck through ocean adventures and had a great time but were looking to do something a little nicer this year..thx

we will be in barbados and doing this excursion through celebrity. has anyone been on it? what did you think? last year we did the snokel with turtles and shipwreck through ocean adventures and had a great time but were looking to do something a little nicer this year..thx

Did you do Silver Moon last year? The reason I am wondering is from what I am reading, it sounds like the best thing around. So what did you not like about it....what do you mean by "a little nicer". Thanks so much!

I hope it is Silvermoon! We are just back from Barbados and we did Silvermoon 1 which is 12 people plus the crew of 3 and it was the best part of our cruise. We also saw alot of different catermans out there but there with tons of people on them. Silvermoon also has another boat that takes 18 plus crew. Our snorkling was great. Our lunch was very good but the Rum punch was out of this world. It was a totally relaxing day in which we meet very nice people and just did what we wanted. If you booked thru the cruiseline it proably isn't Silvermoon and you may have TONS of company on your boat. If you can I would see if you can reserve a spot on Silvermoon I'm sure you won't regret it.

I just came back from W. Caribbean on X Constellation last week and took the Five Star Catamaran excursion through celebrity (couldn't book Silver Moon - all booked), and it was GREAT! Yes, it was more than 12 people but you never fell crowded. Everyone was friendly and the crews went out of their ways to make you fell comfortable and serve you. They have open bar through out the excursion and have lunch ready for you after your snorkeling. If you couldn't book the Silver Moon, I'm HIGHLY RECOMMEND you book this excursion.

• 4 weeks later...

thanks for all the advice... this excursion was great, the food was good and nonstop drink service... saw turtles and some really large tarpon.. but the highlight was laying out on the mesh on the way back with the sails up and blocking the sun.. we didnt want that day to end...

My wife and I went on this excursion April 4. This was the first island we stopped at and a great way to begin the 4 excursions on this trip. My wife had heard good things about the Silver Moon, but this was booked by the time we contacted them. So we went on the excursion booked thru NCL. This was just as well, since we had a great time. We had about 50 people on the catamaran (as opposed to about 12 or 15 on Silver Moon) but this was not a problem at all and made the sailing time more fun. The staff on the boat was great--delivering drinks and talking with everyone. We got to swim with a couple turtles. This was the only time there were a few too many people. The beach we stopped at to swim and snorkel was nice also.

If they are serving the "Malibu Special", make sure you get some! All other rum punch pales in comparison.

• 4 weeks later...

We did the Turtle encounter catamaran sail and it was superb. The crew was great, very accommodating. I don't know how to swim, so one of the crew members took me in the water and swam me around with him so I could see the sea turtles! Very fun and relaxing sail. I will definitely go again on the Tiami next time we are in Barbados!!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived