Is it just me?

cdamion

Carnival seems to be shifting around a lot of port calls and ships lately. For instance people are talking on here about ships not going to St Thomas and Puerto Rico anymore, Mobile losing its ship, etc.

This seems like more adjustment of itineraries and ships than usual. Especially when people were already booked on some of these cruises.

St. Thomas??? I had not heard that. I can't imagine skipping St. Thomas, I personally do not like St. Thomas but as far as I know, almost every single ship on every line stops there. The cruiselines bring St. Thomas tons of business and lots of money to their economy.

I've heard that Carnival is not planning on dropping St. Thomas. I have yet to see any source to that particular rumor that they are. If someone has a reputable source, let's see it.

No reputable source, Im just commenting on what Im reading on the boards here.

There seem to be a higher than usual number of threads from people getting emails from Carnival about changing port calls. I just listed the ones that I saw in the last couple of days - which included San Juan, St. Thomas, Mazatlan (for different reasons) for a few sailings, not to mention pulling out of Mobile and San Diego altogether.

The question in the thread was just to ask you guys if you've noticed it too, or if it's just me. It could very well be that Carnival is telling people ahead of time when maybe they didn't do that before. I don't know.

Probably due to the price of oil.

Good to change things up as who wants to keep going to the same places on the same ships over and over.

If I had a cruise scheduled that was stopping in St. Thomas, I would not mind at all if they switched to any other island. St. Thomas is included in way too many cruises in my opinion.

My next cruise will be on the West Coast and I still halfway expect whichever ship I choose to stop in St. Thomas.

Archived