Spirit or Splendor???

cdamion

I am looking to travel with my kids (12-13 yo boys) during that very slow, quiet, peaceful sailing time known as spring break next year. I am torn between Spirit out of San Diego while she is still there (5 days - cabo, cabo) or Splendor out of Long Beach (7 days cabo, puerto vallarta, mazatlan?).

I was leaning towards Splendor, but Spirit is sounding pretty nice. I have been on Destiny and Triumph Class ships, but not Splendor or Spirit Class ships. San Diego would be the easier port to leave from, but then I like the idea of the full week instead of the shorter cruise. With Spirit I would book a balcony, Splendor I would book OV (then probably upsell myself to a balcony in the months ahead).

What are your thoughts? How do these two classes of ship compare to the Triumph Class ships? How do the passenger flow and food lines differ?

I have been on both ship...the Spirit and Splendor. I like them both. It is harder to navigate around the Splendor. I would pick Splendor, because it is closer to our house, 7 days instead of 5 and Splendor visit PV...it is my favorite port.

As for the foods...we like Spirit better.

It really depends on if you like Cabo or not. I don't like it so I would not go on the Spirit. But chances are good that the Splender will go to Cabo two different days instead of Mazatlan. So either way, I hope you like Cabo. :D

Both are nice ships, but if you can cope with the slightly more complicated layout then Splendor is in a totally different league to Spirit. Better buffet and Lido area, much better spa, so many more food options (mongolian grill, tandoor, rotisserie, burrito station) and just generally newer and sexier.

The only major area I feel Spirit beats Splendor is that her main dining room is nicer than either of Splendor's.

I am looking to travel with my kids (12-13 yo boys) during that very slow, quiet, peaceful sailing time known as spring break next year. I am torn between Spirit out of San Diego while she is still there (5 days - cabo, cabo) or Splendor out of Long Beach (7 days cabo, puerto vallarta, mazatlan?).

I was leaning towards Splendor, but Spirit is sounding pretty nice. I have been on Destiny and Triumph Class ships, but not Splendor or Spirit Class ships. San Diego would be the easier port to leave from, but then I like the idea of the full week instead of the shorter cruise. With Spirit I would book a balcony, Splendor I would book OV (then probably upsell myself to a balcony in the months ahead).

What are your thoughts? How do these two classes of ship compare to the Triumph Class ships? How do the passenger flow and food lines differ?

Been on both and if all things were the same I'd choose Splendor. BUt for the extra 2 days I"d go with Spirit Either way you can't go wrong..

Been on both and its splendor hands down!!!!

Archived