Red Sea Magic cruise - flying from Glasgow

Can anyone help please?

I am looking at the flight details for our Red Sea Magic cruise on 7th April, flying out from Glasgow.

Going out it's 07:15 departure arriving 14:05 with flight time of 4hrs 50 mins.

Coming back it's 15:05 departure arriving 20:30 with flight time of 7hrs 25 mins.

Now either someone has got the flight times wrong on the way back or we're flying slowly!

Anyone flown back from Sharm to Glasgow confirm this?

Can anyone help please?

I am looking at the flight details for our Red Sea Magic cruise on 7th April, flying out from Glasgow.

Going out it's 07:15 departure arriving 14:05 with flight time of 4hrs 50 mins.

Coming back it's 15:05 departure arriving 20:30 with flight time of 7hrs 25 mins.

Now either someone has got the flight times wrong on the way back or we're flying slowly!

Anyone flown back from Sharm to Glasgow confirm this?

Ours is similar from Gatwick - 4 hours 15 out and 6 hours odd back. I suspect they are simply adding the 2 hour time difference on to the times. The flight time for Glasgow/Sharm is just under 5 hours.

I suspect they are simply adding the 2 hour time difference on to the times.

I wondered that but they haven't done it on the outward flight.

The flight time for Glasgow/Sharm is just under 5 hours.

I thought so too.

Outward times make sense. Leaving at 07:15 and flight time of 4 hours 50 mins would mean arrival at Sharm at 12:05 UK time. 2 hours time difference in April would mean Sharm is 14:05 which is what they quote.

If it was the same flight time on the way back with an arrival time of 20:30 it would need to leave Sharm at 15:40 UK time which will be 17:40 Sharm time. So they have either got mixed up on departure time or arrival time in UK - would be hlepful to know which.

I wondered that but they haven't done it on the outward flight.

I thought so too.

Outward times make sense. Leaving at 07:15 and flight time of 4 hours 50 mins would mean arrival at Sharm at 12:05 UK time. 2 hours time difference in April would mean Sharm is 14:05 which is what they quote.

If it was the same flight time on the way back with an arrival time of 20:30 it would need to leave Sharm at 15:40 UK time which will be 17:40 Sharm time. So they have either got mixed up on departure time or arrival time in UK - would be hlepful to know which.

It doesn't make a lot of sense when you look at it, you're right. We hadn't really given it any thought, just assumed it was a Thomson error. Hopefully someone will come on who has just done it to clarify.

DOH!! My brain hurts after all that :)

By the way, it says the same about the flight times for ours from Manchester

Berwyn

Well at least they are consistently wrong with all flights and not just the Glasgow one.

Either that or there is a strong headwind pushing us back on the way home. ;)

Looking at it again the only way it makes sense is if the outbound flight is UK time for the departure and Egyptian time for the arrival, with the correct flight duration. The return must be UK time for both departure and arrival with a couple of hours added to the flight time in error:confused:

Looking at it again the only way it makes sense is if the outbound flight is UK time for the departure and Egyptian time for the arrival, with the correct flight duration. The return must be UK time for both departure and arrival with a couple of hours added to the flight time in error:confused:

I agree.

I just checked flightstats - didn't realise I could go back to the flight that arrived back on the 10th.

Glasgow flight was scheduled to leave Sharm at 18:15 local time and arrive back in Glasgow at 20:40 local time. So flying time of 4hrs 25 mins.

In reality it left at 18:15 and arrived at 20:05.

When we change to DST at the end of March it's going to make a slight difference to timings as Egypt doesn't change till 29th April so there will be a 3 hour difference in time.

When we change to DST at the end of March it's going to make a slight difference to timings as Egypt doesn't change till 29th April so there will be a 3 hour difference in time.

Sorry to quote myself but realised this was wrong and can't edit it.

After our time change in a couple of weeks Egypt will only be one hour ahead.

Archived