We may abandon carnival !!

planb

We have reviewed some of your threads some of you have posted from the past. You may want to look at some of the things that YOU commented about and what your concerns, complaints and good points were. This is a site for people to express what they know, have encountered, or need help getting answers to. Funny how people read too far into things.

I don't think I've read too far into anything and don't think that you were even speaking directly to me but please keep in mind that your post is at best petty in many of our minds. In the grand scheme of things it was a delay. A simple loss of time. There was no injury, no loss of life and from the sound of it no loss of money just some frustration. I do understand your frustration and can empathize but I can also see the flip side and that's part of being a rational, well adjusted human being. If you choose to switch lines, certainly your right to do so and this forum is designed for you to express your opinion as well but be prepared for the feedback of those who disagree with that opinion.

I too am a 40 something professional and have experienced all manners of delays when traveling including missing my flight to San Juan last year for our cruise because we were helping to save a woman's legs who had been hit by an airport shuttle bus right in front of us. Our luggage made the flight and we were put on one later that afternoon in blood encrusted clothes and jet blue polo shirts...now that's traumatic! It's all about perspective.

Do you really think that the captain of the Spirit wished to keep people on the ship for all that time causing people to miss flights, and causing delay to the entire operation?

I would consider myself very lucky indeed to have had that experience rather than being tossed around by a tsunami.

Having traveled a bit myself, I always arrange flights for after 3pm if possible.

I would rather sit around the airport for a while and get home late than sweat whatever problem arrises trying to make the earliest flight possible home.

How would Princess have gotten you to that flight any earlier having the same circumstances?

Carnival is half the price of Princess. They may not have ten stores on board, with 1.5 emeralds (?) but they are half the price, and you get a wonderful vacation from them as you said yourself. Personally one of my favorite things to buy on any cruise is the 10 or 20 dollar watch! Princess has them also.

OP is a 40+ yo, professional, and world traveler who was inconvenienced by a two hour delay? You've got to be kidding me!

I've spent many 2+ hour delays sitting in a crowded jet on the tarmac of an airport waiting to takeoff with no access to phones and /or air conditioning. Real professionals who travel have contingencies, like say a "Plan B" :rolleyes: for when things don't go as planned.

We don't sit back an whine about our inconvenience, especially when it's due to an Act of God! BTW, we also know how to spell the thing we're experiencing: inconvenience. :mad:

Oh yeah, I'm a late 40 yo professional, too. Guess where we shop sometimes? WalMart! I hope they don't find out that I am an experienced traveler with a PostGrad Degree and 30+ years of business mgmt experience. They may throw me out! Then I'll have to find a convenience store to shop at!

Have fun at Princess. I really hope you like it on that line. Really, I do.

We were stuck in Atlanta once on vacation because of tornado's down there....we had travel insurance which took care of the cost of the flight (because it was more money) and we were just glad to be safe. Lesson of the day...always plan for the unexpected....travel insurance is the best investment you could make for a trip. You never know what might happen...that's why we always always always get travel insurance....

HEY PlanB give it up!!! Don't try to explain your post!! No one is going to give you any support you opened your mouth now live with it!! 40 something wow!!!! Shouldof known better!!! Praying for the people in Japan!!!

OP...what on earth possessed you to come to what essentially amounts to the Cruise Critic CCL "fan club" and flame Carnival like you did? Were you actually expecting sympathy? In my line of work, we would call that a "grandiose delusion" :rolleyes:

Why would they post?

Easy...........for the ATTENTION!

Obviously this entire cruise was planned for one person, how terrible of mother nature to strike and delay her.

Make sure that you stay off of these also....

The combined brands of Carnival Corporation control a 51.6% share of the total worldwide cruise market.

They are really gonna miss you....................:D

buh-bye

My very first "Cruise" was on the Original Sun Princess. 12 hours before arriving at Grenada the Darn United States Forces dared to invade!!

How Dare they!! How dare Princess for not knowing this fact before I booked the cruise!!

That was about 20 so years ago and I'm still waiting for my free cruise because of the terrible inconvenience I had to endure with a day at sea with free drinks!

I mean Really .... Princess Where is my cruise??

Please OP, when you book Princess don't book the same cruise as I do! I don't need the tension!

As an aside: When on Carnival Pride last month I asked for special permission to take a 3D photo of the bridge. I was denied for security reasons. While disappointed, somewhere down inside me I felt good that the captain took his ship and the security of his passangers that seriously.

BRAVO Carnival .. safety first inspite of this rediculious thread that just shouldn't exist.

You missed your flight and were slightly inconvenienced. Bet a lot of people in Japan wish they had your problems right now. How inconsiderate of you to worry about a time delay when so many people lost their lives, families homes...

Archived