stingray city-the right tour ?

xrisman

we did captain marvins tour last time we went,,,but felt really rushed,,,,hit 3 different places in a very short time,,,,,,what tour would anyone suggest for a decent amount of time at stingray city and a nice place to snorkel without being rushed,,,,i understand we are there for a very short time beacuse of being on a cruise,,,,,but any suggestions woud be great,,,,,we are taking 3 kids that may have fear of the ray's and might take a little bit to just get them in the water ! thx cc:)

We always use www.mobydicktours.com. We've been several times, and they do a really nice job. Everybody on the boat that wants to, gets time to pet, hold, kiss, get pictures with, and feed the stingrays. The second stop has not been as good for us the last couple times, but the weather was rough. We just go for the stingrays anyway! Great group of people - they even have their favorites. Last time, the guy had one of the stingrays so well trained, he got her to reach up and kiss him 3 times!

Enjoy!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

We booked our sting ray city snorkel tour through the ship (Princess), so I don't know the name of the company they used, but if you're on a Princess ship you could try them. We were first out to Sting Ray city before the crowds and had a great crew. The guide would hold a sting ray for people to touch and do pictures with. I have to admit, I really wasn't thrilled about getting that close to them, so I did spend some of the time on deck, watching. My DH had a blast, of course. After that, we went to the reef that was very close by and had a good time snorkeling. We weren't rushed at all.

we did captain marvins tour last time we went,,,but felt really rushed,,,,hit 3 different places in a very short time,,,,,,what tour would anyone suggest for a decent amount of time at stingray city and a nice place to snorkel without being rushed,,,,i understand we are there for a very short time beacuse of being on a cruise,,,,,but any suggestions woud be great,,,,,we are taking 3 kids that may have fear of the ray's and might take a little bit to just get them in the water ! thx cc:)

Too bad you guys felt rushed with Captn Marvin. Our experience was different than yours. I didn't feel rushed at all.

Did you happen to purchase the pics from the ships photographer? We bought the CD & printed em off once at home. What a treasure they are!

Archived