Solstice Concierge Class question

amalitta

We have the option of upgrading (for free) from the the Sunrise Deck to the Sky Deck, both cabins are in the same location toward the front of the ship.

There are 3 people in the cabin -- the question I have is currently we are booked in a cabin with an upper berth. The concierge cabin only has sofa beds for the 3rd person.

Has anyone slept in the sofa bed without the trundle pulled out? How would you rate the comfort of sleeping in the sofa bed? I've only read reviews of how uncomfortable the trundle bed is when it is pulled out.

I figured for the extra amenities and higher level on the ship, we couldn't pass it up! Just wanted to get somebody's opinion on the comfort level of the sofa bed only & would you book concierge again?

Thanks so much!:D

We have the option of upgrading (for free) from the the Sunrise Deck to the Sky Deck, both cabins are in the same location toward the front of the ship.

There are 3 people in the cabin -- the question I have is currently we are booked in a cabin with an upper berth. The concierge cabin only has sofa beds for the 3rd person.

Has anyone slept in the sofa bed without the trundle pulled out? How would you rate the comfort of sleeping in the sofa bed? I've only read reviews of how uncomfortable the trundle bed is when it is pulled out.

I figured for the extra amenities and higher level on the ship, we couldn't pass it up! Just wanted to get somebody's opinion on the comfort level of the sofa bed only & would you book concierge again?

We were on Sky deck up front. It was a great cabin. A sofa bed is a sofa bed. It is not a high end mattress but it is definitely bigger than the trundle bed.

For sure do not forgo a free upgrade to CC. The amenities are nicer and the deck is up 3 from where you are.

We booked CC and liked it and we booked Aqua for our next cruise. Just the fact that you are higher up is, in my opinion, better. Much nicer view and more sun (again, in my opinion).

Thank you for your reply! I figured the sofa bed wasn't a dealbreaker, but I wanted to know if there were any differing opinions out there. We just upgraded! :)

Great! We had 3, with DS on the sofa bed, on Equinox last year and never regretted it. All worked very well indeed. He loved it.

Just got back last month from a cruise on Solstice. I was the third person in the cabin who slept on the sofa bed. To me the term sofa bed has a connotation of a bed that folds up and fits into the sofa seat. Never slept on a comfortable one. However, the bed on the ship was quite comfortable. The one large cushion that formed the seat by day was covered with another thinner mattress each night. It was not bad at all. Enjoy your upgrade!

Hi There, This is the first time I have been on this forum and this is my first question!! Just wondering..how do you get a free upgrade? Do they just offer it to you by email or something?? My husband and I will be cruising with celebrity eclipse on the 2nd July travelling from Australia..so excited!!:D

Hi There, This is the first time I have been on this forum and this is my first question!! Just wondering..how do you get a free upgrade? Do they just offer it to you by email or something?? My husband and I will be cruising with celebrity eclipse on the 2nd July travelling from Australia..so excited!!:D

I was just checking rates for another couple that was going to travel with us and I realized that our rates for our cabin class (2B) had dropped $100 pp. So I contacted Celebrity to see if we could get an adjustment or upgrade & they were happy to upgrade us to Concierge class (C3), since that price had dropped also! They said as long as it was in the same category of cabin (inside, outside, balcony or suite), they could upgrade for no charge.

I usually check my airfares to see if they've dropped when traveling, but lately that's been harder to accomplish with rebooking fees etc. Since you're traveling in July, maybe check the website in June to see if they've dropped and give them a call? For our cruise, I imagine that there were many available cabins for our cruise that they were trying to fill, since we are 2 weeks out! :D

Hope you have a wonderful cruise & safe travels from Australia!

I was just checking rates for another couple that was going to travel with us and I realized that our rates for our cabin class (2B) had dropped $100 pp. So I contacted Celebrity to see if we could get an adjustment or upgrade & they were happy to upgrade us to Concierge class (C3), since that price had dropped also! They said as long as it was in the same category of cabin (inside, outside, balcony or suite), they could upgrade for no charge.

I usually check my airfares to see if they've dropped when traveling, but lately that's been harder to accomplish with rebooking fees etc. Since you're traveling in July, maybe check the website in June to see if they've dropped and give them a call? For our cruise, I imagine that there were many available cabins for our cruise that they were trying to fill, since we are 2 weeks out! :D

Hope you have a wonderful cruise & safe travels from Australia!

Hi Amalitta,

Thanks so much for your quick reply!! I will definitely be checking their website regularly..

I notice you will be cruising again soon, I hope you have a fantastic time and thanks again...

Linda

Archived