Celebration Review

kathy2323

I just got home about 30 minutes ago from the best vacation I ever had.!!!!!

We went on the Celebration and I have not one single complaint about anything. They treat you like royalty. Food was great. Entertainment was great. Staff was great. Getting on and off the ship was easy. The rooms were much bigger than I expected and the beds were so comfortable. We way overpacked. I did not use the insulated mugs. We took three 6 packs of cola and brought almost all of it back. And for anyone who has been reading about all the sickness on board , I saw not one single person sick or even complaining about sickness. I hate that some people may have been sick on prior cruises but I still believe that with all the flu and stuff going around that they most likely would have been sick had they stayed home!!!! The worst part was driving to the port and home again.

I hate that some people may have been sick on prior cruises but I still believe that with all the flu and stuff going around that they most likely would have been sick had they stayed home!!!!

You are so right. I'm not saying that some people don't get sick on board but some were already exposed before the cruise and just weren't sick yet. Then they blame it on the cruise. Unfortunately, those are the ones (not their fault)that then pass it on to people on the ship.

was wondering how was the rocking of the ship. we have 21 people going for Thanksgiving, a few of them have never been on a cruise. Ive been on a couple but not to fond of a lot of rocking.. This will be my first smaller ship. Thanks:)

Thanks for the words of encoragement Kathy and. . . SO QUICKLY!!!!! Even before unpacking or anything if you only got home 30 minutes ago!!!!!

Maybe you just need to unpack the "stuff" you didn't use and go on another CRUISE!!!!!!!

When you catch your breath a little (and recover from your cruise withdrawals!!) PLEASE post a full review . . . we're all ANXIOUSLY awaiting every bit of printed information we can obtain!!!

Kathy.... we were on the same cruise!!!! How fun! I agree, it was one of the best vacations that I had been on in a long time! I posted my review in a different thread, I'll put the link below. I'd love to chat with you and see if we crossed paths!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=147102

oh, and about the sickness.... I agree - until late Sunday afternoon I never heard anyone complain about the stability of the boat or getting sick. The only sick people that were the people nursing a hangover!

Something else that I just thought about.... we seemed to move pretty quickly. If I remember right we got into freeport an hour or so early. we were scheduled to arrive in Nassau at 7am and we were there by 5:30 (according to some crew members), unfortunately though we had to wait for the fascination to arrive before we could actually dock so we stayed out a little ways. They were late getting there so that caused us to be late.... the morning excursions, specifically the dolphin encounter, ended up being cancelled because of the delay. we were suppossed to be able to disembark around 7 but I'd say it was closer to 9. We also arrived back in Jacksonville early but it did not affect our disembarkation that I am aware of.

Also - helpful hint when you're in freeport. We opted not to do any excursion, instead we paid $5 each way for a cab ride over port lucaya... they have a decent sized market and you can walk across the street and cut through the sheraton to get to the beach. We heard some complaints that evening that people paid for the island tour and all they saw was hurricane damaged and closed shops. (FYI - the international market is closed..... I think they said maybe 5 shops were left open.) If you're interest is laying on the beach or shopping I would recommend skipping the official excursion and grabbing one of the shuttles/taxi's over to port lucaya (10 min. drive).

Kathy, thanks for the quick review. Sounds like you had a great time. (Peppervegas, you also, I read your review in the other link). What did you all do in Nassau? Were there many spring breakers on your cruise? How was the buffet?

Surprisingly, there were not that many spring breakers on the ship. Or, if there were they didn't act any rowdier than any other passengers. It was nothing but springer breakers in Freeport and Nassau though. In Nassau we did the excursion to the Blue Lagoon. We left at 9:30 and the boat ride over there is at least 45 minutes. Once you're over there you can lay on the beach, snorkel, parasail, etc. You have two options for returning back to the ship.... 2:00 or 4:00. We took the 2:00 and it took us a good 1 1/2 hours to return.

The day that we were in Nassau there were 5 other ships in port as well.... so things were very crowded. The people that went over to the Atlantis said that the beach there was packed. Also, fyi - (I think) the port in Nassau is set up kindof strange, probably because of the ship we were one but the Carnival ships were the ships furthest away from the port so it was a pretty good walk from the ship to the island. They had a shuttle bus going back and forth in the afternoon but it was for all 6 ships so it could be crowded as well.

We ate at the Buffet a lot, We pretty much grazed 24/7 wherever we saw food! haha I can't say anything bad about the food.... I even finagled some mac & cheese from the Camp Carnival buffet. Now that I think about it... I think on the bigger ships there is a buffet set up outside, isn't there? There is not on this ship. But the Wheelhouse is very accesible from all of the poolside decks. I never heard anyone say that they didn't like something.

I think I have a couple of capers in my suitcase, I'll double check when I get home and scan them in if I do.

Hope that helps!!! Please let me know if you have anymore questions.

Getting to see a recert capers would be GREAT!!! THANKS!!!!

Did you happen to notice anything about the availability of cappuchino's?? When and where they were available?????

Sure thing... I'll check tonight for you - hopefully I have one.

I'm not a big coffee drinker so I don't have a lot of info re: the cappuchino's.... but I doubt that you will have a problem finding them. I had several crew members go out of their way for me, even going to a different deck, to get me a soda. So I'm sure that if it's anywhere on the ship - you'll get it! Your best bet might be the red hot something or other lounge right outside of the Vista dining room.

Freeport was warm and overcast - laying on the beach it got chilly when the sun would go behind the clouds (which was quite often). the water was freezing!

Nassau was hot and sunny! it was in the low 80's and the water temp at the blue lagoon was ok, it was definately bearable if you wanted to snorkle or anything like that.

Kathy, thank you for your post. You've got me so excited and looking forward to the cruise, I might actually start paying attention to my diet, I have 54 more days to go. This will be our first cruise. We're you on the riviera deck by any chance, that's where we will be and I'm just checking it out. and is it really that crowded around the pool like alot of people complain about?

any pictures? if so i'd like to give you my email address so i can recieve them.

thanks, Tresa

Kathy, I'm so excited and love your post. I've been reading these post on this board for awhile and am so happy for you and your family. I'm still waiting for our turn 54 more days to go before we board the Celebration. We are first time cruisers and just can't wait.

did you happen to stroll along or stay on the riviera deck and how was it? and if you have pictures i would like to give you my email address so that i can see real pictures of the ship.

It must be a little sad that its over, have you started planning your next cruise?

look forward to hearing back from you, take care

Tresa:)

Capers Good

Pictures Good

Reviews GREAT!!!!!!

We're hungry folks . . . we need to be fed more often!!!! :p

How did debarkation go for you all?? Self-assist first . . . then who??? I would have thought that suites would be released very quickly but . . . I read somewhere that this is not the case?? So . . . do you remember what order everyone was released???

Getting to see a recert capers would be GREAT!!! THANKS!!!!

Did you happen to notice anything about the availability of cappuchino's?? When and where they were available?????

*LMBO* Kim...do I need to send you a cappo machine as a graduation gift????:p

*LMBO* Kim...do I need to send you a cappo machine as a graduation gift????:p

You're so funny :) . . . I just want to make sure I get my "fix" :rolleyes: while on board and can keep the caffine pumped into my sagging system to keep me going for all the fun. I SURE don't want to miss anything!!!!! :D

Capers Good

Pictures Good

Reviews GREAT!!!!!!

We're hungry folks . . . we need to be fed more often!!!! :p

How did debarkation go for you all?? Self-assist first . . . then who??? I would have thought that suites would be released very quickly but . . . I read somewhere that this is not the case?? So . . . do you remember what order everyone was released???

You are correct about the debarkation process... self-assist go first. Once they are off the ship they start with the Riveria (brown tags) and I assume work their way up. I was in the Riveria (brown tag) group and I'd say that I was off the boat and in my car by 10:30ish.

CruisingwithU -- I'm not Kim but I was on the same cruise this past weekend and I stayed on the Riveria deck. I was in cabin R68, directly behind the elevators. It was much much better than we were expecting it to be. The room had 1 twin bed and another twin bed that pulled down from the wall. There was more than enough room for 2 of us. No problems with noise or the elevators either. I don't think I would ever pay for for a cabin on a higher deck after this... The elevators were slow at times but we usually took the stairs to make some attempt to get some exercise.

Hope that helps!

You are correct about the debarkation process... self-assist go first. Once they are off the ship they start with the Riveria (brown tags) and I assume work their way up. I was in the Riveria (brown tag) group and I'd say that I was off the boat and in my car by 10:30ish.

So . . . then if I'm in a suite . . . I'll be one of the last to leave the shipfirst?? That would be OK with me . . . getting to leasurely get up/pack up :( . . . have breakfast then after ALL the crowds are gone :rolleyes: . . . then get off the ship!!!! That way too . . . my luggage shouldn't be too difficult to locate!! :D

So . . . then if I'm in a suite . . . I'll be one of the last to leave the shipfirst?? That would be OK with me . . . getting to leasurely get up/pack up :( . . . have breakfast then after ALL the crowds are gone :rolleyes: . . . then get off the ship!!!! That way too . . . my luggage shouldn't be too difficult to locate!! :D

Well.... I can't promise that you'll be able to get up leisurely and pack - they were pretty hardcore about having everyone out of their rooms by 9am. They were leaving for a charter cruise in 3 hrs so they were ready to jump in your room as soon as you left and get it ready for the next person. It could have been a fluke that they disembarked Riveria first, I thought it was strange because I was certain that I had just heard the last call for the self-assist people and I expected us to be the last off trying to beg for lunch while we were still waiting around!

oh! And you said get up and pack up (in the morning...) You might know this and it is probably a stupid comment for me to make but I didn't remember it happening this way on the Imagination so FYI - we had to have any luggage that we weren't carrying off (self-assist) outside of our cabin door between 6pm-midnight the night before disembarkation. I thought it was the morning of on the last cruise but I may be remembering wrong...

Archived