2012 Fares - Marina/Riviera

Mura

I am very puzzled. I have to believe this is a mistake.

I was considering the possibility of a b2b on Marina in November. According to the fare schedules a 7 day cruise on Marina in November starts at $12,499 for the Owner's Suite and goes down to $1,999 for a "G" inside stateroom.

The prices are exactly the same for a 14 day cruise.

???

First, did they screw up? Second, are you billed for two 7 day cruises if you book a b2b but half the amount if you take a 14 day cruise???

Heck, I just noticed that an 18 day cruise in November is at those same rates, too! Correction: it's shown as the same fare for the Owner's and Vista Suites.

Something is very strange in the state of Denmark!

Mura, who is very confused and probably won't take these cruises anyway but is curious about the fares :confused:

I suspect the 14 and 18 day cruises you are looking at are transocean. They are always less like repositioning cruises from most (all?) cruise lines. Very few ports (some of which have very expensive docking fees ) so more sea days and less 'to see' (but lots of bridge,. trivia and needlpoint). Personally I like them as there is forced relaxation - a great getaway from work and lots of socializing with fellow passengers

If that $1999 14 day cruise is in the Med I wouild love to take it.

I am very puzzled. I have to believe this is a mistake.

I was considering the possibility of a b2b on Marina in November. According to the fare schedules a 7 day cruise on Marina in November starts at $12,499 for the Owner's Suite and goes down to $1,999 for a "G" inside stateroom.

The prices are exactly the same for a 14 day cruise.

???

First, did they screw up? Second, are you billed for two 7 day cruises if you book a b2b but half the amount if you take a 14 day cruise???

Heck, I just noticed that an 18 day cruise in November is at those same rates, too! Correction: it's shown as the same fare for the Owner's and Vista Suites.

Something is very strange in the state of Denmark!

Mura, who is very confused and probably won't take these cruises anyway but is curious about the fares :confused:

I see what you are talking about...the only explanation I have is that my TA said that pricing and amenities (I assume he meant perks) will not be available until March 16. I don't quite get that, as it would be difficult for someone to chose a specific cruise and cabin if they are sensitive to the price. The best advice I can give if you want a specific cabin and need to book early is to make your booking immediately on the 16th based on the cabin and cruise you want, thus capturing your favorite, then you will have 7 days to review the pricing and finalize the reservation.

Thanks for your input. The truth is that I was considering the idea of a b2b on 7 day cruises but it's not a high priority for us. When I looked at the pricing I got very confused!

Like, if I could book a Vista for 14 days and pay what a 7 day passenger is, I might well change my mind!

Since no one can book until next Wednesday I suspect this will work itself out ...

We're hoping to do one of Riviera's first cruises but aren't looking beyond the spring of next year at this point ...

Mura

Archived