Cemetery Beach or Smith Cove for beginner snorkeling?

MsSWhite

Taking the family (teenagers) to do our own snorkeling. Any suggestions between Cemetery or Smith Cove Beaches? I won't be snorkeling, but would like a nice beach to relax, with easy access into the water for a dip ;).

Thinking about purchasing a couple snorkel gear sets at Target unless anyone has any better ideas or local rental outlets?!?

I know we could do an excursion, but we are trying to save some $$.

There are pluses and minuses. Smith's Cove is closer to the dock and has changing facilities. Cemetary Beach is at the north end of Seven Mile beach so is a little further.

Smith's Cove has some picnic tables and has a good entrance for snorkling, but doesn't really have that soft white sand Seven Mile beach has. If you want that smooth sand, clear water beach you think of with Seven Mile beach, Cemetary Beach is your best bet.

For snorkling, both are great, but for just sitting and relaxing and a quick dip, Cemetary Beach is much nicer. It was my favorite beach on Grand Cayman.

A couple things to note - Cemetary Beach has no facilities. And it can be hard to get a cab back from either Cemetary Beach or Smith's Cove. Set up a return taxi before you get dropped off.

Archived