What do you do for lunch?

We usually sleep in a bit when in port, hit the MDR for an early lunch and then go on shore. It usually helps to avoid the crowds exiting the ship. We have always enjoyed the food on board and in port. However, we eat in the MDR unless we have no other choice. I am diabetic and I keep high protein granola bars with me all the time. As long as they are sealed in their packaging, I have never had a problem.

Well if youre in a suite or D+, the lunch served in concierge lounge on the Oasis and Allure is wonderful!!!!!!!!!!

They have a nice little menue you order from.

The food is good and you can have as much free beer and wine to drink with your lunch. It is calm and peaceful in there too. Just fantastic

And you can always find something to eat on the ship when you get back, even if it is past lunch hours -- Cafe Promenade (if you have one), and snacks in the Windjammer (and the snacks are usually more than I have typically for lunch during a normal non-cruising week).

We usually do snacks and have local beverages while in port. Once back on board in the afternoon we either choose room service or try the snacks in the Windjammer. One afternoon snacks meant a salad bar and a taco/nacho bar. Delish after drinks on shore.

So if you are in a cruise port for the day - and you already paid for your lunch on board the ship - what do you do?

Do you pay again for a lunch while in the port?

Can you pack a lunch from the ship to take with you?

Or do you go back to the ship for lunch and then go back to the port action?

Guess you can tell how new I am to cruising.

Thanks

We usually just eat some local food in town, especially if we are in Mexico. Conch fritters in Nassau are wonderful, and I sure haven't found any floating around the Bay of Fundy.

At night before bedtime, I usually grab a couple of slices of pizza onboard to make up for not eating my pre-paid lunch.:)

Archived