Radiance review!!

To get you all up to date and not make this a LOOOONg review I'll make its short and sweet with key points.

Last minute I decided to book a 4 night sailing in february, shortly after a 5 night sailing the week before opened up and I had to book it because it was only 45 more than the 4 night. I called RCI to request pier assistance to help push my wheel chair while my guest carried our other nessesary items. No one met us at the pier, my guest loaded it in my lap and pushed my wheel chair thru security ( well they did assist there because they had to screen our bags). Honestly security made me feel like a time bomb they did this test and that etc just to find out I had no bomb. They pointed us in the direction of checkin and HC was wide ioen so we went that route. Very quick in getting our cards but still no pier assistance. We were un able to get a sail away pic because i was in my buggy, and they didnt have time. Once aboard I think I seen the devil a few times each day. We had a large group od SR citizens, and by all means they earned that right to have special prevliges, but They do not have to crowed in front of me in my wheel chair each time!! I swear I do have compassion and simpathy for the older bunch, but the facility was not in great shape.

Other than the first and last day this wasnt a huge issue but some of the same people would croud, Maybe they are part of the cartel whoo knows, LOL.... In short the cruise was great, C&A ambasidors is another issue, where booked the whole sailing or they just didnt feel like speaking with us low life Diamond members. Never in 2 sailing did we recive party information, welcome back or our treat from RCI.. None of that ruinde my cruise, the seaview cafe is a must do, I actually did it everyday that I wasnt off the ship. The fish sticks arent what you would expect, they are hand made each day. I did get stuck in my asscessible room for nearly three hours after room service just dropped our food. Thank god he was present and after 2 days it seened to be quick, I would love to just get awat after my next appt if u can babe.

Once pool is not leaking and settled then an excavation team comes in to make it part of our home. It was a great home once we got settled. we enjoyed the shows and also spent time donating to the bingo.

Never was I offfered pier asistance, heck even during turn around day I was left alone on the ship to fend for myself. Good luck, no one sells drinks, no food no nothing. Best yet they assigned me and aft cabin for the secound sailing even after I requested just a balcony accesible room. Oh and for get coupon books you had to ask and show sea pass. I hope this was a bad day or month to sail. Weather wasnt the best and we did have to return a sick PAX back to Cozumel for medical attention. RCI does try, they just dont have a stream line syatem to handle the volume of people. I would never sail on a ship larger than the Radiance. Great ship, wonderfull crew (once they knew of our issues.) Cant wait to try it again!!!:D

We just got back from the 03/05-03/10 cruise on Radiance. It was nice, we had a good time, enjoyed the sunshine, pool deck & great service for beverages. Anything beats being at work, especially in the dead of winter in the snowbelt - ugh. Our stateroom was wonderful - huge, more than enough room for a wheelchair and the balcony was a great way to start our days with a room service carafe of coffee. I am a coffee snob and their coffee was very good! We did go ashore in Cozumel & Costa Maya. Cozumel was fun - had a GREAT margarita and freshly-made-at-our-table guacamole at Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville - that was awesome! Finally found a taxi back to the ship that had a wheelchair lift - that was a relief! Unfortunately in Costa Maya there is no such transportaion accommodations - we ended up going around the port shops a few times, having an "okay" lunch, then headed back to the ship. We were both so looking forward to a day at the Tropicante, and Angie's $20/hour massages, but it wasn't meant to be (sigh). That was very disappointing. Overall it was a great experience, but I'm not so sure that the food is "to die for" - at least not IMHO. I had always heard that RCI was one of the top cruiselines, but I'm not so sure I agree. The "fresh baked daily" pastries were stale and while the food was good, I wouldn't give any of it 5 stars. We noticed that once the gratuities were assumed to have been paid, the service changed from "whatever we can do for you" to "okay, eat your breakfast and get off already"! Some of the people who were on this cruise said that they had a better time and food on Celebrity. We are grateful to have been able to have this experience and may try a different ship and/or cruiseline in the future, but I think our next vacation will be an all-inclusive at a beach resort.

Archived