NCL Sun over Carnival Conquest

rdrseller

We are currently booked on the Conquest for 4/3/05 and are rapidly planning our next cruise. We were thinking of trying another line and see if we would enjoy it more.

Can anyone that has a good knowledge of the two lines offer any suggestions. It would be me, husband and teenage daughter. This time we have a Penthouse Suite and would want the same accomodations on the next cruise.

All the info received from these threads are invaluable and responses are greatly appreciated.:)

Hi, we have sailed on Carnival and NCL. We were in a Penthouse Suite on Carnival, and to get a suite on NCL you will usually pay considerably more money and for good reason. NCL gives you lots of perks with their suites and Carnival usually doesn't give any. Keep that in mind if you have your heart set on another suite.

Sandyneck thanks for the note. Did you geta suite on NCL. I don't mind paying more, if I am getting more. We are in a Penthouse suite this time and wondered just what level we would need to book on NCL to be equal.

Thanks again for your help.

We did not get a suite on NCL. We like to try and not spoil our kids too much so we opted for an superior inside cabin. It was actually quite nice and better than I expected. I believe even the lowest catagory of suite on NCL will be superior to the Penthouse Suite on Carnival. This is what I have gathered from other reviews, but maybe someone will respond who has stayed in both. We were on the Carnival Paradise for a 15 day cruise in the Penthouse Suite and it was $7,000.00. If we had booked a suite on NCL for one week the cost would have been about the same. The ship you are going on may be a nicer suite because I think it is newer. Good luck!!

Archived