Buffet Quality...Then and Now!

Olwyn

The bacon on the Diamond Princess last week was way way undercooked. You had to forage for a few small pieces that were crisp. All the bacon was swimming in grease.

One new thing in the Horizon Court, at least to me, were the velvet ropes separtiing the serving area into halves. This somewhat reduced the expected congestion. Also there is no more self service for oatmeal. You must now be served by a galley worker. BTW the coffee is much improved and almost drinkable.

Oatmeal was self serve two weeks aog on the Star.

Scott

Personally I have never found anything wrong at the buffet, breakfast, lunch or dinner. I think it is remarkable that they can serve a variety to meet everyones taste 3 times a day. Now don't get me wrong I do eat in the dining room but most of the time I do eat at the buffet breakfast and lunch and have been known at times to have dinner there. Nothing wrong with the food.

Marilyn

On the Star 3 years ago, I was not happy with the food selection in Horizon Court. The Star was still a new ship at that time. On the Grand 11 months ago, I was extremely pleased with Horizon Court selections. They had a wonderful variety and everything tasted great. We ate breakfast in the dinning room each morning so I can't comment on how the buffet breakfast was.

Diane

Archived