Off the wall Star questions

tkq

We are booked in a Family Suite on the Star this June to Alaska with our 2 kids. We love Cruise Critic and all the helpful information available. So, here are a couple off the wall questions.

Our TA is providing an OBC and bottle of wine. Not being wine drinkers is it possible to exchange it out for sodas or something for the kids? If so, what is the best way to take care of it?

I thought I read somewhere that the espresso machine will make hot chocolate for the kids? Anyone know if this is true?

Laundry - how long does it usually take to get your laundry back if you use one of the bags?

Thanks for all the info!

Can't answer all of your questions, but we are celebrating our 25th Anniversary on the Star ...we leave on Saturday March 19th! Our TA also asked about wine....and since neither of us drink wine I think they are providing Chocolate and strawberries. I would suggest letting your TA know and I'm sure she can make the appropriate changes! Have a great time! We have sailed Alaksa 3 times and loved it!!

I don't think that is off the wall at all. We are going on the NCL Star in December and would be curious about this also.

What date in Dec are you on the Star? We are booked leaving Christmas day on the star...Looking for others to join our roll call, so just checking when you are sailing. It appears that only 2 families are Cruising with us, LOL

Someone else may have a better answer to this, but the only way I could figure out how to get hot water out of the machine was by taking one of the coffee pods and poking a hole in it and emptying out the coffee. Then I put the empty pod in the machine and plain hot water ran through it into my cup with cocca in it. I couldn't get the machine to do anything without a pod in it and I'd read that trick here on CC.

As for the bag of laundry I think the steward picked it up in the afternoon or evening and we had it back by 6:00 pm the next evening.

We are booked in a Family Suite on the Star this June to Alaska with our 2 kids. We love Cruise Critic and all the helpful information available. So, here are a couple off the wall questions.

Our TA is providing an OBC and bottle of wine. Not being wine drinkers is it possible to exchange it out for sodas or something for the kids? If so, what is the best way to take care of it?

I thought I read somewhere that the espresso machine will make hot chocolate for the kids? Anyone know if this is true?

Laundry - how long does it usually take to get your laundry back if you use one of the bags?

Thanks for all the info!

We were in the AJ suite on the Star a week ago. First, ask your TA to change it out or when you get on board ask the butler what he can do for you. You will also have a bottle of spakling white wine (think champagne) in your cabin when you embark. We do not drink champagne so we always ask for a bottle of red. We have always received a bottle of La Terre. I'm sure they will find an acceptable substitution.

The espresso machine will provide hot water. If you bring packets of hot chocolate you can get hot water to mix it. The pods for the machine are coffee, decaf coffee, tea, chamomile tea, lemon tea and maybe something else. Hot chocolate is not included.

Leave the laundry in the bag on your bed Thursday morning for the steward. It will be returned Friday by six pm. The bag special was $19.95.

Our butler, John d'Souza was great. A really nice guy, very professional. Patrick, the concierge, is also very nice. Ask for what you want and they will try to accommodate if possible.

PS - I assume you are aware from reading the boards that the butler and concierge are not included in the $12/day service charge. Please leave them an appropriate gratuity depending on how much you use them. See the many threads on this subject.

What date in Dec are you on the Star? We are booked leaving Christmas day on the star...Looking for others to join our roll call, so just checking when you are sailing. It appears that only 2 families are Cruising with us, LOL

Ours seems pretty barren also; we sail out on Dec 4. I will quickly post pics when I get back and let you know what we liked.

I believe Patrick was our Concierge on the Star this past May and he was excellent. As someone else posted, you can get just hot water out of the coffee machine, but I never did it so I cannot remember how. I am fairly sure there is a button. The buttons on the machine have symbols, not words, and I do remember it was obvious by the symbol which was for hot water.. 8-)

Enjoy the Star. We adore her. Excellent crew.

Archived