Spa on the NCL Gem

cortcase

Hi everyone!

My husband and I are going on the Gem this fall — it'll be our second time on the Gem and our fifth NCL cruise in a row.

Over the last two cruises (on Dawn and Jewel), we've fallen in love with the private spa facilities that you pay extra for during the cruise. When we went on the Gem in 2009, we weren't even aware of these facilities and so I'm curious about what they're like.

For those of you who have been on multiple ships, are the private spa facilities on Gem more like Jewel? (I'm assuming so, since they two ships seem a lot alike.) We loved that Dawn had a larger co-ed area with the freshwater lap pool, thalossotherapy (sp?) pool, hot tub and seats, whereas the Jewel's spa setup seemed more gender-specific, with less available in the co-ed area and more in the female and male areas.

Any pictures/information would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Cortney

Hi everyone!

My husband and I are going on the Gem this fall — it'll be our second time on the Gem and our fifth NCL cruise in a row.

Over the last two cruises (on Dawn and Jewel), we've fallen in love with the private spa facilities that you pay extra for during the cruise. When we went on the Gem in 2009, we weren't even aware of these facilities and so I'm curious about what they're like.

For those of you who have been on multiple ships, are the private spa facilities on Gem more like Jewel? (I'm assuming so, since they two ships seem a lot alike.) We loved that Dawn had a larger co-ed area with the freshwater lap pool, thalossotherapy (sp?) pool, hot tub and seats, whereas the Jewel's spa setup seemed more gender-specific, with less available in the co-ed area and more in the female and male areas.

Any pictures/information would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Cortney

hi - had the spa pass this past week with my hubby.

in the womens locker room area there were: 2 single jacuzzi's, a few non-heated loungers overlooking front of the ship, and a steam room with eucalyptus. in the co-ed area was a 6 person jacuzzi, the big pool w/jets (25ft x 15 ft?) w/bubble loungers for ~4 people and 2 big shower jets (they hurt!); ~10 padded non-heated loungers overlooking front of the ship. and mmmmm 6 or so of the heated tile beds. i was disappointed the single jacuzzi's were in the locker room instead of the co-ed area, i would have loved to have been side-by-side with hubby, same goes for women-only steam room. plenty of orange juice/hot tea/iced water... hope this helps, sorry i have no other ships to compare it to.

have a great trip - maybe we'll see you in september!

• 7 months later...

Will be on the Gem January 29th and am wondering if I should book the spa - does anyone have pricing information, etc. I do not swim laps - can you use the pool with lap swimming? what is the cost? It is worth it? how crowded does it get?? Thank you in advance for any information.

Oh wow my hubby and I, plus my cousin and her hubby are on the GEM in April. We had massages on the Sky in March 2011.. OMG we are looking forward to the same treatment or even better... Can someone please send photos or give a price list. We can't wait!!!

Archived