Changes in dress codes

dvd77

We are getting ready to cruise on the Valor out of Miami next week. I was packing one of my tuxedos.... will this be a mistake??

IMO, he and the other guys in a tux will look good and not out of place.

I don't know but there is something about a guy in a tux. Kind of James Bondish. ;)

We enjoy dressing for dinner. We always shower after our day out and regardless of the rule changes, we always still dress for dinner. Elegant night we are always in long dress and suit with tie. Regular cruise casual my husband is still in at least a shirt and jacket, sometimes no tie, depending on what we've been doig during the day. I've never worn pants let alone capris or shorts in the dinning room and neither have any of my family. We've been lucky enough to have our luggage before dinner on the first day but if we didn't then we'd go as we are which would still at least be neat.

DITTO DITTO DITTO!!

My husband and I both love dressing up, its all part of our vacation experience. We travel two flights to get across the pond, have one hotel night in the UK, one hotel night in the US, and still manage to pack accordingly. In fact, its a calculated battle plan operation ;), but all part of the fun.

I am not bothered by what others wear apart from one occasion which would be the chefs table. I understand its a shared experience with fellow passengers. I would find it very rude of folks not to dress respectfully for dinner on that occasion.

Call me old fashioned, but I'm sticking to my sparkle and heels :D

The new dress code sure made packing easier. I did not have to take two sets of clothes for everyone. It was great! We took one less suitcase for the three of us.

My daughter did wear shorts to the MDR, and we did wear jeans. What we had on did not effect a thing. The food and service was great, and we enjoyed it more because it was not so much work.

My husband wore dress pants and a dress shirt on

elegant night, and fit right in. The dress code is one thing that will keep us on Carnival.

We were on the Fantasy 3/6/11, and loved all the changes. Cruise before that was the Miracle in 06, so it had been awhile

Can't speak for the masses, but we have not changed our way of dressing since our first cruise in 2001, with the exception of embarkation day, I wear suit and tie on elegant night, the Mrs. wears a nice dress or pantsuit, on casual nights it's khaki's and polo or button down for me, sundress or capri's and nice blouse or top for DW.

Eventhough they have loosened up some rules, we like looking nice for dinner, and if you want, just run back to cabin after dinner and change into something more casual.

Welcome Aboard,

Mimgan

Good for you, even though you and I are a minority. :D:D

We enjoy dressing for dinner. We always shower after our day out and regardless of the rule changes, we always still dress for dinner. Elegant night we are always in long dress and suit with tie. Regular cruise casual my husband is still in at least a shirt and jacket, sometimes no tie, depending on what we've been doig during the day. I've never worn pants let alone capris or shorts in the dinning room and neither have any of my family. We've been lucky enough to have our luggage before dinner on the first day but if we didn't then we'd go as we are which would still at least be neat.

Congradulations!

what cruise line are you traveling on ? 20% will have shorts on .

lol.

even charlie sheen couldn't wait to get out of the charlie harper look.

i've yet to see many, laughable charlie harper imitators on board ay dinner.

Twenty years ago, I always wore a coat and tie to dinner every night. Ten years ago, I stopped wearing a coat and tie on casual nights. Today, I don't even bother taking a coat and tie on a cruise. I haven't yet relaxed enough to wear shorts to the dining room in the evening, but I do wear shorts to the dining room at breakfast and luncheon. What the future holds one just doesn't know.

lol.

even charlie sheen couldn't wait to get out of the charlie harper look.

i've yet to see many, laughable charlie harper imitators on board ay dinner.

:confused: Charlie Sheen:confused:

Occasional person in shorts in dining room on Carnival? When is the last time you sailed Carnival

:confused:

:confused: Charlie Sheen:confused:

Occasional person in shorts in dining room on Carnival? When is the last time you sailed Carnival

:confused:

LOL....that is exactly what I was wondering. What does Charlie Sheen have to do with shorts or no shorts on a cruise at casual dinner???:confused:

And I also don't think Charlie Sheen coined the "wear shorts to dinner" look.

I am just off the Conquest and have noticed less dressing up, but it may have something to do with Anytime Dining and the time you choose to eat. We were Anytime and usually ate dinner no later than 6:30. I never saw anyone in a tux or gown. There were some people who were very casual, but I did see one couple turned away on formal night because they were in shorts & t-shirts. To my embarrassment, one evening I went to the MDR in shorts (not a formal night), because I had burned so badly in the sun I could not put anything but loose fitting clothes on. I looked in the shops for a pair of loose fitting pants, but they had nothing in my size. I saw one person look at me funny as I was leaving the dining room and I felt bad about it.

I do think that people may dress up more for fixed dining times, particularly the later seating.

I am just off the Conquest and have noticed less dressing up, but it may have something to do with Anytime Dining and the time you choose to eat. We were Anytime and usually ate dinner no later than 6:30. I never saw anyone in a tux or gown. There were some people who were very casual, but I did see one couple turned away on formal night because they were in shorts & t-shirts. To my embarrassment, one evening I went to the MDR in shorts (not a formal night), because I had burned so badly in the sun I could not put anything but loose fitting clothes on. I looked in the shops for a pair of loose fitting pants, but they had nothing in my size. I saw one person look at me funny as I was leaving the dining room and I felt bad about it.

I do think that people may dress up more for fixed dining times, particularly the later seating.

You felt bad? You were wearing what was listed on the dress code:confused:

Archived