Only 4 more sleeps!

I will be on the Splendour of the Seas in only 4 more big sleeps. I can't stand the fact that I have to fly to Chicago and then transfer planes there to head back to Tampa. It would normally take about 2 hours to fly direct but in this case it will be about 6 hours. I will never let that happen again, thats for sure. I am so worried about the weather and missing the connection that I cannot function clearly. I am constantly awakening at night with all these different scenerios going through my mind. It sure takes it toll on you. I have never not flowen directly somewhere before. All these snowstorms are dancing through my head. My flight leaves Toronto at 6:30 am on Saturday March 12th. I have an airport limo coming at 3:30 a.m. Please kids be nice to your mom as she will be grumpy that morning without her Tim Hortons coffee. All Canadians can relate to that! Oh well, I am sure that it will be worth it in the end. I look forward to sharing my story of our travels upon our return. Me alone for the first time ever with my daughter 14 (almost 15) and 11 year old son. Wow I can hardly wait. SWEET DREAMS EVERYONE!

:p

I'm sure your flights will be ok. There isn't anywhere we can go that is a direct flight, so we are used to connections. On our last trip it took 4 airplanes to get to Miami. Generally the connections work out fine. Don't spend too much time worrying about it... worst case scenerio if you miss a connection you'll get another flight and be there just a little later. They have a bunch of flights out of OHare everyday, so it wouldn't delay you by a lot.

Have a GREAT time! :)

4marty4:

I'm from the Chicago area and the snow has melted. It is cold but I do not believe there is any snow in our forecast. Try not to worry and have a GREAT time. We will be on splendour on the 26th. Please post a review when you get back. Happy cruisin!!

Archived