No more lounge chairs on balcony??

Our kids were in a regular balcony room. No loungers, just the usual two chairs and a little table. Our GS had two loungers out of that new wicker stuff but they weren't real loungers, they were a chair with a footrest. We got to see a CL suite and they had more of the wicker stuff but their loungers were solid, not split.

Hope this helps someone.

BTW, none in our party of 5 rooms asked for a lounger because even though we planned more balcony time, we were on the go lots. We DID plan a midnight run to 'borrow' a lounger but we were usually too pooped by midnight...

Liz

I was just wondering if anyone has taken a backpack lounger on board..with all this talk of no loungers it would make me sad..I have my first aft bal.:( I want a lounger!!!

We have our first aft balcony on the Brilliance.

I want a lounger too! :(

Just another reason to bring my own! Unbelievable! I think I'll develop a product just to fill this new niche. It will have to a very portable lounge chair, lightweight, yet durable enough to support overeating cruise passengers, self inflating and deflating, and bullet proof so it can be used as a shield in case of pirate attacks. Let's see if someone can come up with a clever name for our new port-a-lounger.

thanks for the laugh!!!!!!!

Just another reason to bring my own! Unbelievable! I think I'll develop a product just to fill this new niche. It will have to a very portable lounge chair, lightweight, yet durable enough to support overeating cruise passengers, self inflating and deflating, and bullet proof so it can be used as a shield in case of pirate attacks. Let's see if someone can come up with a clever name for our new port-a-lounger.

...how about "Royal Revenge"?....

I purposely reserved an AFT cabin on Brilliance because we are 3 days at sea and I want to lounge on my AFT Balcony!

If this becomes a RCCL rule, I will either move to a hump cabin or move somewhere else and take my extra $600 for that AFT Balcony and spend it somewhere else (not on the ship!) :mad:

I just got back from a Brilliance Mediterranean cruise and there was a lounger, two chairs and a table on my balcony. My cabin was on the beginning of the hump, so one side was at an angle and could fit a lounger. Didn't even have to bribe, I mean ask, the room steward. ;)

jessica

I was told by several crew members on the Liberty ( which we could not get a lounger on the hugh corner aft balcony ) that this is to become the rule on all RCI ships. When they will all be removed is a question, but someone said they take them off when they go into dry dock. If that is true I would guess it will take some time for them to be removed from all ships. How about starting a write in campaign asking them to not take the loungers off the big balconies. Who would be the best person to write to?

Perhaps it's not RCI's rule but instead it's the Coast Guard's new rule to remove the lounge chairs from the balconies, as one poster suggested. And maybe it is because of the room that they take up on the larger balconies, as another poster suggested...definitely sounded like a possibile reason for the new rule. Then I wondered, if this were true, why wouldn't two chairs on the normal size balconies pose an even worse hazard????

Think of the pool area...and all the lounge chairs...there are only walking paths between the lounge chairs.

I just booked two aft rooms last week. My husband won't even consider going unless he has his aft room, which makes booking so hard! The other room is for 3 men (family birthday cruise) who love their naps...

...and I was worried about getting a third lounge chair for the 3rd guy in the room...

I just got back from a Brilliance Mediterranean cruise and there was a lounger, two chairs and a table on my balcony. My cabin was on the beginning of the hump, so one side was at an angle and could fit a lounger. Didn't even have to bribe, I mean ask, the room steward. ;)

jessica

Glad to hear that ....... There is hope then! :D

jessica

Jessica, you were lucky as you do not get a lounger on a hump so do you want to book the next two cruises with us as we have an aft and we are hopping to get a lounger:DLOL

Carol:)

Has anyone taken a lounger on to a ship? Folding table? Was it refused to board? Put into storage? Returned on the final night.

i always take folding loungers. always delivered to cabin. no problem.

but last time was in oct (oasis)

would like to know if anyone has recent experience.

I was told by several crew members on the Liberty ( which we could not get a lounger on the hugh corner aft balcony ) that this is to become the rule on all RCI ships. When they will all be removed is a question, but someone said they take them off when they go into dry dock. If that is true I would guess it will take some time for them to be removed from all ships. How about starting a write in campaign asking them to not take the loungers off the big balconies. Who would be the best person to write to?
Well having been on Liberty after her dry dock, it would appear that they didn't take off that many loungers during dry dock, unless they have taken them off since, because there were lots of broken loungers and ones in a bad way with peeling paint etc stacked towards the aft on deck 4 when we went for a wander around.

You can always drag the mattress from your bed out onto the balcony. I have done that and slept out there a night or two. I did replace it on the bed before the cabin steward came in the morning.

Archived