Luggage Tag Questions

Asked this on the "ask a question site," someone suggested I try asking on this site. Made final payment on my upcoming cruise with RCCL, CVP told me that I would receive luggage tags approximately 2 weeks before sailing. Kind of surprised me because I remember reading that you ordered the luggage tags when filling out the set sail information. Has anyone had their luggage tags show up without requesting them when filling out set sail information?

Thanks in advance.

That is what I thought I had to do, so I was surprised when she said they would come within 14 days of sailing, I asked if I had to order them on-line and she said no, they would be sent automatically. Oh well, will be sure to look for the luggage tag box when I fill in information on-line.

That is what I thought I had to do, so I was surprised when she said they would come within 14 days of sailing, I asked if I had to order them on-line and she said no, they would be sent automatically. Oh well, will be sure to look for the luggage tag box when I fill in information on-line.

You can not order luggage tags until your e-docs are issued and that will be anywhere from 20-50 days prior to departure.

On your Cruise Documentation Page (which you can get to by going to Before you Board and then click on Count Down to Cruises) it will indicate when your e-docs are issued and then there will be a link provided where you can order your tags. Once ordered it takes 5-7 business days to receive them.

You have up until 14 days prior to departure to order your tags. After that, you will have to get them at the pier.

Thanks, that is what I previously read on here, which is why I was so surprised when she said I did not have to order them, it was automatic. She may have been a "newbie," thanks again, will be sure to look for the check box ;).

I also didn't see about ordering tags as Holland sends them automatically. I called and was told to not worry the stevedores have blank tags at the pier and just fill in your room number, which we did and our bags were in our room when we arrived there after lunch.:):)

Here in Britain just had confrmation for E Docs 59 days out and was advised to order luggage tags when doing online check in which I have done. Very straightforward.

Last year we had to print them out and they were not very strong.

I am 45 days out from my next cruise. My documents have not been issued yet. Other members from my roll call had their documents issued on Sunday. Should I be concerned?

No reason to be concerned. We are doing a b2b.......We received our e-docs for our April 2 cruise back in early February......we received our e-docs for our April 11 cruise yesterday.:eek:

They are usually issued, according to the RCI website.........20-50 days prior to departure.

Asked this on the "ask a question site," someone suggested I try asking on this site. Made final payment on my upcoming cruise with RCCL, CVP told me that I would receive luggage tags approximately 2 weeks before sailing. Kind of surprised me because I remember reading that you ordered the luggage tags when filling out the set sail information. Has anyone had their luggage tags show up without requesting them when filling out set sail information?

Thanks in advance.

I requested mine online about 5 days ago and received them today, very quick delivery, now i am all ready to go on the Explorer in a few weeks time, :)

I was surprised because the luggage tags came without me ordering them.

It's a good thing because I forgot to order them.

If you booked through a TA, I suspect your agent requested them for you. I've always had to request my tags.

Here in Britain just had confrmation for E Docs 59 days out and was advised to order luggage tags when doing online check in which I have done. Very straightforward.

Last year we had to print them out and they were not very strong.

Try laminating the luggage tags with clear duck tape. Works great!

Archived