RCCL Kids Programs (Mariner) What to expect?

scubababy

We just booked a cruise on RCCL's Mariner for a 12 night Med/Holy Land.

Our 8 year old daughter will be traveling with us, as well as my husbands parents.

We have cruised RCCL in the past, but it was just my husband and me! No kids at that time.

Our daughter has three cruises under her belt, with the last two being on Princess. Both of these cruises were 12 and 15 day port intensive cruises in Europe. She is a wonderful traveler, and really did well in spite of the long days we spent touring.

She absolutely loved the Princess Pelican Club, and we did too. She was at the Pelican club the minute it opened every night, which gave my husband and I a break after those long ports day. And, she stayed in the club a few port days too when she got exhausted from looking at "big rocks"!!!

How are RCCL's clubs? Anyone been on the Mariner and used their kids club? The brochures make the programs look absolutely awesome.

Does the Mariner have most of the kids programs shown in the brochure (bungee jumping, kids themed pools, etc.)

Does RCCL have in room sitting too?

Thanks

Patti

I'm taking my 8 and 10yo on the Mariner in just under 3 weeks, so will be able to tell you after that! To be honest I'm waiting and seeing. They do do my family time dining, so the evening clubs are definitely on, and there is after 10pm clubs as well. Not sure about the in room sitting.

We will be on the HOly land mariner cruise on April 29th with a 10 and 12 year old we are raising. What dates are you going?

Kids have been on 8 cruises and do really like RCI's kids program. They have also been on several Holland cruise the last one being for 35 days to Iceland and greenland , and although we only had 37 kids on the whole cruise, they loved that too.

I am really wondering if there will be children on this cruise, but if you two are taking kids, i guess we won't be the only ones...

I have alwasy been pleased witht he staff in the kids clubs, although i really have like the HOlland staff the best, but it may be that they have so many less kds, we really get to know them.

The Mariner should have in room babysitting, but it's not guaranteed. I've heard the prices have gone up significantly too.

They do have rock climbing and ice skating, but no bungee jumping or H2O zone.

DD12 has been cruising on RCCL since she was 8 and loves it. Have a great cruise!

We will be on the HOly land mariner cruise on April 29th with a 10 and 12 year old we are raising. What dates are you going?

Kids have been on 8 cruises and do really like RCI's kids program. They have also been on several Holland cruise the last one being for 35 days to Iceland and greenland , and although we only had 37 kids on the whole cruise, they loved that too.

I am really wondering if there will be children on this cruise, but if you two are taking kids, i guess we won't be the only ones...

I have alwasy been pleased witht he staff in the kids clubs, although i really have like the HOlland staff the best, but it may be that they have so many less kds, we really get to know them.

We will be on this cruise with a9 YO daughter and an 11 YO son. We are travelling with another family. They have 8 and 10 year old girls. MY kids LOVE RC and will be in the kids club for sure!

How wonderful.... i will tell the kids tonight and they will be so excited. I did decide to take the nanny with me though, just in case their wern't any kids. Are you posting on the roll call board , too?

• 2 weeks later...
How wonderful.... i will tell the kids tonight and they will be so excited. I did decide to take the nanny with me though, just in case their wern't any kids. Are you posting on the roll call board , too?

Yes, I am posting a bit, but I mostly stay in the corner and read input from others :) Can't wait for the cruise to start!

Archived