Past Guest Rate Went Down

Buck64

We have booked our cruise under the past guest rate and noticed the rate has went down $30 pp. Our final payment isn't due until May and I was wondering if we can get credit for the $30 pp decrease. I looked on the Carnival Website and all I could find was a form for the Early Saver. If I do get credit, where can I find the form and what is it called?:confused:

i booked on carnivals website under past guest rate and our cruise went down by $20pp. i had paid in full at time of booking but called carnival anyway. they wouldn't help me at all, they just kept trying to rush me off the phone. you might have better luck since you are before final payment.

by the way, i will never pay in full at time of booking again

I do believe you can get credit as long as it's before the final payment date.

I made a call once because the rate went down, and we were seconds from getting the credit, and oops, at the same time, the rep and I both realized we missed the final payment date by 1 day. UGH.

I would start the conversation with "My rate went down, and I was wondering if it will come off my total, or if I will get onboard credit"....

Go to the Carnival website. Under the search area near the upper right corner, type in "early saver form". It will redirect you to a bunch of website lists. Click on the first one. Fill out the form and they will send you a reply as to whether you qualify or not. You need to know the exact details of your cruise...booking number, where you found the price difference, etc. It's easy. Just fill out the form and you're ready to get a discount. If you haven't paid your balance in full, it will deduct it from your owing price. I check the website daily for discounts. If there's a room left on your deck with your exact details...type of cabin, number of people, etc, they have to give you a discount. If you've already paid in full, it will give you credit on your sail and sign card. I've gotten almost $400 off in reductions since I first booked on the Carnival Miracle...set to sail

Nov. 18. Good luck, and any problems, just give Carnival a call. I've never had problems with them in the past. Happy sailing!!!!

I believe there is a different form if he's not booked early saver...

I just recalled calling about having booked regular fare, then the senior rate came up and was cheaper (mom's a senior) (and was before final payment date), and was able to make that change on the phone and instantaneously the fare went down on my reservation.

We have booked our cruise under the past guest rate and noticed the rate has went down $30 pp. Our final payment isn't due until May and I was wondering if we can get credit for the $30 pp decrease. I looked on the Carnival Website and all I could find was a form for the Early Saver. If I do get credit, where can I find the form and what is it called?:confused:

if you booked early saver you can get credits up until a few days of sailing. if you booked a regular fare it is like

2 1/2 months before sailing (on 7 day cruise) which is 2 weeks before final payment.

do the early saver form if it is early saver and you call if regular fare. don't play around cause the rate changes again and goes higher you are out of luck. the prices can change often.

I just called carnival yesterday about this and I booked past guest fare and we are pd in full and leave in 39 days. The lady had me really confused, but told me we would not receive any kind of credit because we booked past guest fare and something about being in a penalty period?? I think it sucks that they wouldnt at least give an on board credit especially for past guest! :mad:

I'm thinking about calling back just to see if someone different tells me something different!!

I just called carnival yesterday about this and I booked past guest fare and we are pd in full and leave in 39 days. The lady had me really confused, but told me we would not receive any kind of credit because we booked past guest fare and something about being in a penalty period?? I think it sucks that they wouldnt at least give an on board credit especially for past guest! :mad:

I'm thinking about calling back just to see if someone different tells me something different!!

That’s the benefit of booking Early Saver, you can get the credit right up until just a couple days before the cruise. Any other fare (full fare, past guest, senior rate) has cutoff at 60 days (or 75 for longer cruises).

The lady was correct and that's the standard Policy. If you book PastGuest, 55+, Resident or Military, you can get price adjustments only up to the Final Payment Deadline for your cruise (60 to 75 days before departure). If your cruisefare drops enough after the Final Payment Deadline you may be eligible to get an upgrade. For both situations, this is handled via your booking agent. Calling back repeatedly on this one probably won't be productive.

Had you booked Early Saver (with its stated restrictions and only available up to 3-5 months before sailing, you could have gotten price adjustments up to 2 business days before sailing.

ken

my early saver cruise went down just by $30- using the same early saver quote, but my gov tax/fee went up????

can I still get the $30 credit?

Yes it is on the cruise price pre taxes and fees.

Just submit the early saver price protection form.

Archived