Cruises that have pool for non-trained toddlers/infant

OGtripleOG37

Hello all,

We are wanting to take a cruise with our 14 month old, and are wanting her to be able to have some pool time with us. Any idea of who has kiddie pools for the little ones. I prefer to leave from Galveston if possible. Thanks for your help/input.

What we did on our last cruise with our DD when she was 13 months was just planned water activites on the islands (we went on Carnival). I really don't like the pools on ships anyway because they are smaller and overcrowded most of the time so its not a big deal for us.

The kids did enjoy playing in the waterworks area in the back of the ship though. :)

As pointed out, RCCL has an infant splash area next to the H20 Zone on the Freedom and Oasis class ships. The infant splash area is a decent size, the water is warmed (unlike the H20 zone) and the water is only several inches deep. The little one will like it. The water is deep enough to float a toy and splash around in. Non-potty trained children are not allowed in the H20 Zone. So, I wouldn't go with the intention of putting the little one down to walk around in it as a staff member will ask you to leave. But, if you carry your child through it and keep your time in it brief, none of the staff will probably say anything to you.

I had or have your problem too. My DS is now 22 no. He was 8 mo. on Independence of seas, and he loved the baby pool, it's nothing fancy. Then at 13 mo. we went on Carnival Fantasy. No baby pool so we brought a baby blow up pool, didn't work well at all. I tried to get him to nap on the chairs while me and my husband took turns swimming with our other kids. Didn't like that. I did let him run around on the splash water park area near the slides. Not suppose to but I was desperate. I booked Disney Dream for Feb.2012. But looking for a cruise for summer or Nov. Oasis is too much $$ for 5 people. Freedom maybe or I'll try potty training him for Carnival Dream??

Archived