Help!!!

bchester816

OK!! I have read thousands of threads and still not sure which excursions to take......PLEASE HELP.

First I will be traveling CCL on April 16 - 23 on the Dream Port location include Cozumel, Costa Maya, Isla Rotan and Belize. I wll be traveling with DH and 7 YO DD.

These are the questions that I have and hope someone can help me make the right decision for my family.

1 Which location and Tour Company offers the best and most beautiful beach?

2 Which location and Tour Company offers the best ruins that would be enjoyed by a 7YO

3 Which location and Tour Company offers the best horseback riding

4 Which location and Tour Company offers the best adventerous tour ei, ATV, Jeep, dolphin swim?

Roatan is actually really easy, don't panic. We will be there the same week on the Crown Princess. Book a driver for the day, it will be less than $100 and you can see the whole island with no stress. I have reserved a driver with Rony's tours for our group of 7. There are several companies that offer this service. Having your own driver means you are not locked into a specific tour plan and locations. If you don't like something, just get back in the car and move on to something else! Try ziplining if you want adventure, I would recommend Pirates of the Caribbeean, they have 2 courses, but there are several others such as South Shore Canopy. Last time there we enjoyed a boat tour of the Mangroves, just tell the driver, he or she will arrange it. If you want to shop, just explain what you want. There is an iguana farm which your kid might enjoy. West Bay Beach for snorkeling. Ask the driver to take you to a local restaurant for lunch. I found that the website roatanonline was very helpful.

I realize I didn't exactly answer your questions, only for Roatan. Belize: take a tour to Lamanai, its a great boat ride and the ruins are fantatic. However, due to the travel time, book this directly through the ship. If there are any delays the ship will wait. If you are on a private tour, and the boat or bus breaks down, you could have a problem. It is a long day but worth it, and your 7 year old should be able to handle it.

Cozmel: all we have done is rent jeep for the day and drive ourselves around. However, most people on this board feel Chanakanab Park is a great day for families: snorkeling, dolphins, sea lions, pool and beach.

Costa Maya: haven't been so I can't help there1!

Archived