Star GV 14500

MBprincess

• 2 weeks later...

From what I have read 14500 has a wet bar and 14000 has an industrial kitchen- more for large parties, etc. Everything I read leaned toward 14500, so we have that one booked in May. I aslo read that 14500 does have a fridge and microwave, too- just not the large kitchen.

We have stayed in 14000 and yes, it does have the kitchen with refrigerators, coffee maker, and microwave. There was also a refrigerator under the bar cabinet where sodas, juice and milk were kept.

Our neighbors in 14500 looked at our cabin and we looked at theirs. The furnishings were more Asian themed than 14000. Both cabins were beautiful and had wonderful accommodations.

I don't think it matters whether or not there is a kitchen or a wet bar. The view is beautiful. The service wonderful. And this was the best cabin we've ever experienced.

A side note: my son ordered one of everything off the Suite menu and it fit on the dining table in the living room! We also had guests one night for lobster on the patio where we could have seated 12 people but we only had eight. Either cabin, you will have a great experience!

Does anyone know how 14500 differs from 14000? Specifically does it have a fridge and microwave in the bar? TIA

We had both 14000 and 14500 in December. Have had 14500 in the past and still prefer it. Yes to microwave and fridge in 14500. The kitchen in 14000 is REALLY industrial looking - looks like a school cafeteria!

Only better thing about 14000 on the last trip was that the automatic blinds in the master bath were still working. The ones in 14500 had broken and they rigged up some window shade things that you had to pull. Not a big problem BUT they would come crashing down oftentimes when you tried to raise or lower them. Hopefully they have fixed them by now but we were told that they come from Germany and that NCL was looking for a "closer" vendor. Made it sort of a pain to use the shower at night as we couldn't close the blinds! The hotel manager DID bring us a couple bottles of good champagne due to the inconvenience.

14500 also has luggage closet off the entryway - not that you need it with the size of the GV! Have fun! We LOVE those two suites and are so sad to see the Star leave Los Angeles.....

Oh how I loved being in 14500! It was a few years ago but it seems like yesterday. I hope they changed out the artifical plants on the patio.

For us, it was a once in a lifetime experience. :)

They actually replaced the patio plants on the Thanksgiving 2009 PC cruise. Kind of bizarre to have the workers just walking in and out the back door even though they let us know this would be happening. If I remember correctly, they did this during the 2 sea days before docking in Miami.

We had both 14000 and 14500 in December. Have had 14500 in the past and still prefer it. Yes to microwave and fridge in 14500. The kitchen in 14000 is REALLY industrial looking - looks like a school cafeteria!

Only better thing about 14000 on the last trip was that the automatic blinds in the master bath were still working. The ones in 14500 had broken and they rigged up some window shade things that you had to pull. Not a big problem BUT they would come crashing down oftentimes when you tried to raise or lower them. Hopefully they have fixed them by now but we were told that they come from Germany and that NCL was looking for a "closer" vendor. Made it sort of a pain to use the shower at night as we couldn't close the blinds! The hotel manager DID bring us a couple bottles of good champagne due to the inconvenience.

14500 also has luggage closet off the entryway - not that you need it with the size of the GV! Have fun! We LOVE those two suites and are so sad to see the Star leave Los Angeles.....

We also had problems with the blinds in BOTH "Master" bathrooms in 14500 in May 2010...I can't believe they still were not working in December:eek:

Just a reminder for anyone staying in the GV on the Star...always double check that the doors in the courtyard are locked...especially after the crew comes in to maintain the spa. We had a drunk passenger come through that door and all the way into our Villa. Needless to say we were frightened for our grandchildren due to this breech:mad:

All in all, it was a treat to stay in this suite.

Archived