Thank you Fred Olsen for our little miracle

mrsaligee

We went on the Baltic cruise in June 2009 on the Boudicca. Apart from being the youngest on board we had an absolutely fabulous time drinking, eating, and discovering all that the cruise had to offer.

We had sadly been unable to have a family and so we thought that this was now the life for us, cruising every year and early retirement. Not a bad life, and we were looking forward to it.

Imagine our shock (and utter delight) when we found out a month later that I was pregnant!

I now have a year old daughter who is an absolute sweetheart but don't think we'll be able to cruise for a while or retire early for that matter.

So thank you Fred Olsen (do you think if I write to them directly they'll offer us a discount?).

Mrsaligee

Congratulations - we were on that cruise too - no baby for us though -we had worked out who you were before after another of your posts - regarding the concert by Capt. Thomassen and your hubby playing drums? Am I right? I trust you have not called her Boudicca! We are on Boudicca again next week - So is Andrew Robley - this will be our 5th FO cruise and he has been on every one!! He is not our favourtite singer either! All the best to you all and I hope you will be able to cruise again soon.

Hello Berkshire Lass

You're absolutely right, my hubby was playing the drums with Capn Thomassen.

We've called her Faye Natasha (the middle name being of course Russian in origin), and we've already told her she's got to keep us in the manner to which we were hoping to become accustomed once she starts earning!

Have an absolutely fantastic cruise and send our regards to Capn Thomassen (he may remember Johnny the drummer).

Best wishes,

Hi, took Parsman's advice and contacted Fred Olsen. Got a very nice email straight back and they want me to post it on the Fred Olsen facebook site which I haven't seen yet.

They did say that Fred Olsen like to welcome families, but I didn't really see evidence on the Boudicca that they catered for them?

Thanks for the good wishes and happy cruising to you all.

Mrsaligee

Archived