Grand Cayman and Ocho Rios

debi0518

If you're budget conscious and a beach bum, I highly recommend a quick taxi ride (usually around $4pp each way) to Royal Palm section of 7 Mile Beach. Free entrance to beach. You can opt to rent chairs/umbrellas or simply flop down your beach towel and dive into the crystal blue waters. There is also an outdoor Bar that serves some drinks/snacks and usually has a DJ.

DH and myself spent several hours there then headed back to the ship for lunch. The whole day cost a total of 18 bucks!!:D

Moby Dick tours at both places! They are awesome!

I have to agree here. In Cayman, one of the guides would play with a moray eel underwater while we were snorkeling around and would watch him, it was pretty cool. I wouldn't hesitate to use them again. Unfortunately I was sick when we got to Jamaica and could make it to DRF, but my wife and some friends went and they had a blast.

Ocho Rios-Dunn's River Falls

Grand Cayman-Swim with the stingrays

Exactly what I would suggest!

We used Peat Taylor in Jamaica - 3 different times! LOVED HIM!

We used Nativeway and did their tour which included Rum Point Beach. Amazingly beautiful!

Have fun!

GC: Stingraysailing.com to see the rays and to snorkel. Very nice people, nice catamaran.

Ocho: We used Phil Lafayette, he took us to Dunns River Falls and for an informative tour around town. We then went way out in the sticks to a jerk shack. Loved it!

Grand Cayman taxi to Calico Jacks .Great bar ,perfect beach.clean restrooms always taxis to go back to the ship

Ocho Rios we hired a taxi for the day .It was 80 for 4 of us I think.He drove us all around showed us sights took us to a nice beach and a great little lunch at the fishing village

Exactly what I would suggest!

We used Peat Taylor in Jamaica - 3 different times! LOVED HIM!

We used Nativeway and did their tour which included Rum Point Beach. Amazingly beautiful!

Have fun!

I have to agree with Peat Taylor. We used him twice-actually it was his son Peat Jr. We did Dunns River Falls once and the second time he took us to the Blue Hole, river tubing, to Mahogany Beach and a pre-school (I'm a teacher). He stayed with us all day, the van was clean and air conditioned. Can't say enough good things about him!

In Grand Cayman we swam with the sting rays on both visits and visited the Turtle Farm/Hell once and Rum Point on the other-OMG Gorgeous! :D

Hello Everyone!

Going to Grand Cayman and Ocho Rios in November...I have never been to either place. Any suggestions on what to do or not do at either port?

Thank you so much!!!

We didn't find much to do around the port area at Grand Cayman, so I'd definitely plan on doing an excursion there. We did an all inclusive beach excursion at Ocho Rios and it was fun. Nice beach. Lots of jerk chicken and other authentic Jamaican dishes. All u can drink rum punch and Red Stripe beer. They did Jamaican dances on the beach for the group. it was a fun day and worth the price. They even served us in the water! We booked thru Carnival.

Enjoy your cruise!

Archived