Oh my heavens!! Just got our flight info.....

lovethesun40

hi as other have Carnival will wait for you, If you are not happy with these arrangements why not fly out of Buffalo Air trans, Jet blue or Southwest will get you there. You can get there for half the cost by travelling to Buffalo, you clear customs at one of the bridges (usually very quick) and if you fly into Fort Lauderdale you can take SAS transportation to the ports for half the cost and they very realiable. But would suggest like the others have said fly in the day before and enjoy yourself without all the stress.

I guess this is a BIG lesson learned!!!

We will go ahead with these stupid flights, and if we ever cruise again (time will tell) we will book our own, and likely travel a day ahead! I mean, it makes a lot of sense!

We will have to cross our fingers (and toes) and try not to stress ourselves out too much! LOL!! Ahhh, if you only knew me :D **I'm thinking that the beer and vodka that I've ordered from Bon Voyage will be needed!!!!**

I hope my kids are ok through all this craziness.......

i am sure in the end it will all work out ok for you. the ship will wait if you are late ( and you probably wont be ) and you will be drinking that drink on the lido deck while the ship leaves port. the first cruise is always the most stressful for the planning and decision stages. but i would get a different ta. her attitude and advice was pretty uncaring about your trip. it will be a great time for all of you. have fun.

Hahaha...think of the stories we can tell after our trip!!!;) OK, trying to think positive...

Something that I didn't think of until now, is that we have a cabana booked for HMC (our first port, the next day!) By the sounds of it, you are expected to go to the excursions desk and pick a cabana number!?? If this is the case and Carnival doesn't automatically assign them out, then we will get the one that nobody wants....right??!! :rolleyes:

Hahaha...think of the stories we can tell after our trip!!!;) OK, trying to think positive...

Something that I didn't think of until now, is that we have a cabana booked for HMC (our first port, the next day!) By the sounds of it, you are expected to go to the excursions desk and pick a cabana number!?? If this is the case and Carnival doesn't automatically assign them out, then we will get the one that nobody wants....right??!! :rolleyes:

If that is the way they work it now yes you will.. but hey its a cabana on a beautiful beach and its yours for the day... enjoy it... don't fret it... ;)

Oh my!!! Just got off the phone with our TA and she finally got our flight info from Carnival!

Since this is our first cruise (April 10th, Glory) we chose to have our flight booked through Carnival....just in case! Our in-laws, who we are travelling with, said it would be a good idea! Well.....

We are flying from Toronto to Ft Lauderdale, arrive just after 2:00 pm, go through customs, get our luggage then find a Carnival shuttle bus to take us to the ship in Miami!

Can somebody tell me approx. how long this drive will be?? Are we not supposed to be on the ship an hour before departure (4:00pm.)?

Here I was hoping to be on an early flight, take our time through Miami airport, buy some pop and snacks for the kids while we're on the ship! Have some lunch in the buffet etc..... Ughhh, now we will be rushed! :rolleyes: Our week better be good!! LOL!!!

This is just another example of why I don't use cruise air.

If you want a really cheap way to fly out of Buffalo, then look at Spirit Airlines, now flying out of Niagara Falls airport. I think the flight leaves at something like 1 am and gets to Miami at 4 am! I looked at this to get to Orlando and the connecting flight to Orlando would get you there by 7:30 am. If you are a member of their airline club, flights can be as low as $9.00 each way. Ther are luggage charges, of course, but it sure is cheap!

I guess this is a BIG lesson learned!!!

We will go ahead with these stupid flights, and if we ever cruise again (time will tell) we will book our own, and likely travel a day ahead! I mean, it makes a lot of sense!

We will have to cross our fingers (and toes) and try not to stress ourselves out too much! LOL!! Ahhh, if you only knew me :D **I'm thinking that the beer and vodka that I've ordered from Bon Voyage will be needed!!!!**

I hope my kids are ok through all this craziness.......

i cant help myself but say i love your little dog avitar. what a adorable cutie pie. :)

Well, if we get through this "adventure" ok, we will likely book another cruise for next spring as well!! I would definetely take the advice of flying out of Buffalo! Oh, and go the day before !!!!:D

BTW....the reason we used this particular TA was on the advise of my in-laws, who use her all the time! For me, personally, I won't use her again! I have always planned our family AI trips to Mexico through the internet, and would have done so again, but thought it would be best to go on the advice of my in-laws (who are terrific...most of the time!!) They trust this woman to book everything, but I'm not too sure! :rolleyes:

Well, if we get through this "adventure" ok, we will likely book another cruise for next spring as well!! I would definetely take the advice of flying out of Buffalo! Oh, and go the day before !!!!:D

BTW....the reason we used this particular TA was on the advise of my in-laws, who use her all the time! For me, personally, I won't use her again! I have always planned our family AI trips to Mexico through the internet, and would have done so again, but thought it would be best to go on the advice of my in-laws (who are terrific...most of the time!!) They trust this woman to book everything, but I'm not too sure! :rolleyes:

She prolly is a great TA.. did you ask to fly in the day before? Did she ask Carnival if this was allowed.. dont know the circumstances.. so dont blame her because she did what you asked... next time you will be more prepared...;)

i cant help myself but say i love your little dog avitar. what a adorable cutie pie. :)

Oh, thanks!! That's Cloe....she's our sweetie! I miss her dearly when we are away on vacation, and I'm never sure who is happier when we come home....me, our kids or the dog (to have us back!!) LOL!;) It's amazing how attached you can become!

This is not the TA's fault. Once you made the decision to book cruise air the choice of flights belonged to Carnival - not your TA.

Remember TA is motivated to sell Carnival Air. They are commissioned by the cruise line.

Its just one of those things you learn along the way being a traveler.

You will know what you want specifically next time, and can ask your TA to do what you want. But since airlines no longer pay TA's You should book your own flights.;)

Remember TA is motivated to sell Carnival Air. They are commissioned by the cruise line.

You will know what you want specifically next time, and can ask your TA to do what you want. But since airlines no longer pay TA's You should book your own flights.;)

I appreciate this....no worries, I will do all the work myself (I usually do!) I would have this time, but I went along with the advice from my in-laws who have used this TA for other trips! Could be worse they have a stop and have to change planes in Detroit! That's through Carnival too!! At least ours is direct.......Now, as long as it doesn't snow or something crazy on April 10th, we'll be good:D

1) TA do NOT get paid commission by the cruise line if they book air with them, they only get commission on the cruise portion. With Canival if you choose to book with them they have control over the schedule not the TA. Princess and RCL now have air programs where you get yo choose your specific flights and times and schedules.

2) Some airlines very few will pay commission

Having said that a good agent will stongly recommend you fly in the night before or at the very least the ealiest possible flight. They will get you the best possible schedule because they want you to be happy and come back, and will treat you concerns seriously and with respect .

since you have carnival transporation, they will delay the ship for you because they know you are coming and on the way

This is not true. Carnival may or may not delay the ship. If you read Carnival's contract, Carnival is under no obligation to do anything for you.

Oh, thanks!! That's Cloe....she's our sweetie! I miss her dearly when we are away on vacation, and I'm never sure who is happier when we come home....me, our kids or the dog (to have us back!!) LOL!;) It's amazing how attached you can become!

she i waiting at the door jumping up and down i bet. so adorable :)

Archived