Stinky vent on Golden? C7523, 753?

JLDMED

We had a bad experience on the Ruby Princess last year, booked an aft balcony that was one cabin away from the vent on the back of the ship. Ew! What an awful odor! Princess acknowledged and compensated us, which helped, but I wouldn't book it again.

After reading many great reviews, we are considering the coveted C752 or 753 on the Golden. After our last experience with an aft cabin, we are a little "stink" shy. Hoping that this one, being in the corner, is far enough away that we won't have an issue. Has anyone that has stayed in either of these cabins had any problem with an odor?

I've stayed in C752/C753 on various ships, and there's never been an odor problem. I really think it's just those cabins on Dolphin near the vent. Will be in C753 on Golden this June.

Funny...on one cruise (on Sapphire), there was a mixup with our reservation. We had C753 I think, marked it do not upgrade, and when we arrived at the ship, we were greeted with, "Congratulations, you've been upgraded." I almost had a heart attack...no joke. I'd been dreaming about the cabin for months. (Apparently my TA messed up & didn't carry over the "do not upgrade" request when we switched to this cabin.) Anyway, Princess tried to find ppl in an aft balcony who would switch with us & take our mini, but the only ppl who would were in the "vent" cabin on Dolphin, so I said, "That's the smelly vent cabin...no way, I'm not switching." In the end, we enjoyed the mini very much.

• 1 month later...

Archived