Apartment in Rome

kellya1

Kelly,

You may want to check out the Rome apartment rental reviews on Slowtalk, a web site that specializes in this type of vacation (see here http://www.slowtrav.com/italy/vr/list.asp?r=Rome) and ask your question on their Italy message board here: http://slowtalk.com/groupee/forums/a/frm/f/862600685

Can you be a tad more specific about what you are looking for? Any particular part of town? Budget? Length of stay (important because many apartments have minimum stays)?

Also, how strict are you about both sleeping areas being proper rooms? Many apartments in Rome listed as two bedroom are actually one bedroom, plus a sleeping loft. Would that be acceptable?

We have a 3 bedroom for this summer booked through www.apartments-rome-italy.net. The company has great reviews on Tripadvisor. We were able to find a good location in historic Rome where we could walk to everything. They have always been extremely prompt in responding to my emails and even sent a list of places we can find gluten-free for my DD.

Since you are looking for only 2 bedrooms you have alot more options. One thing I did learn, put in the number of bedrooms on the various search sites and the # of bathrooms and be sure to list certain things you must have, ie. air conditioning and/or internet. You will have a trememdous list of options.

Also, it helps if you can narrow down the basic neighborhoods you want to be in. Do you want to walk to everything? Be near the Vatican? Further on the outskirts, etc? Most sites will let you narrow your search by neighborhoods.

Another hint is to google the address and see what else you come up with. Alot of times these apartments are listed with more than one internet site and you can see different photos and get different reviews. Plus you can use google earth to see the neighborhood and google maps for location.

Have fun searching. I spent alot of time researching before settling on the one that we reserved. Hopefully, we will be pleased.

If you just type in vacation rental apartments in Rome you will find a ton of sites to serach.

Happy hunting!

I used booking.com to book my apartment for two couples, we are renting from "old town apartments" which has apartments all over the town. When you search booking.com it will show all of the different apartments they offer. Good luck.

• 3 weeks later...
You might want to look at www.residenzagiubbonari.com. She has several apartments to choose from. The building is located on Via Giubbonari which leads to Campo dei Fiori.

LoveSicily,

I am staying there in June. Cristina has me and my family booked in the Blue apartment for 8 nights.

I would love to ask you some questions about what is around the building like grocery stores, bus stop etc.

Hope to hear back.

Scott

Scott:

There is a grocery store about a block and a half from the apt. There should be a notebook of some kind in the apartment that gives you exact directions and it's name (which I can't remember at the moment). There is a bread bakery right around the corner, you can smell it from the apartment, it's that close. When you come out the front door turn left and make the first left, the bakery is about 50 ft. on the left. This is also the way to the grocery store.

The nearest bus stop would be Largo Argentina and the small electric bus #116 runs through and has a stop in Campo dei Fiori (at the other end of the square near the flower vendor stalls). We do not use the buses ourselves, usually we walk whereever we need to go and occasionally use a taxi. The nearest Metro station is by the Collosseo.

Via Giubbonari itself is lined with boutique type shops, some bar/cafes, a pizza/pasta restaurant catty-corner to the apt. Roscioli is to the left and down the street on the right, they have lots of wine, cheese, meats, etc., a little pricey but a nice treat. There are bars and trattorias in the Campo.

If you have additional questions and would rather e-mail me, you can do that at johnt001 at comcast dot net. We have stayed at Residenza Giubbonari five times and have been very pleased with our accomodations.

Archived