NCL vs Carnival Western Carribean

littleapplemom

I have searched and searched and still having trouble with this decision. We are planning on cruising in August from either New Orleans or Galveston and having trouble deciding on NCL Spirit vs Carnival conquest. We have 3 kids ages 11-15 and I want to make sure they have a great time. NCL has 4 days on land at places I would probably rather see, but it looks like slightly less offerings for kids. Carnival has 3 days at sea but I think a better boat. I know we will have a great time either way, but any help is appreciated.:)

Well I'd always pick more land days then sea days if price is about the same. NCL's Freestyle dinner is an edge for me over Carnival because I enjoy casual dining. Carnival has a slight edge in entertainment. My kids enjoyed both kids program at NCL and CCL and can't distinguish really which is better(bout even). My son turned 14 and our latest trip he really didn't feel like going to the Teens club program and it was on Princess. You're right about having a great time on either ship, but NCL would be my chose because of more land days and itenirary. Have fun!

I have searched and searched and still having trouble with this decision. We are planning on cruising in August from either New Orleans or Galveston and having trouble deciding on NCL Spirit vs Carnival conquest. We have 3 kids ages 11-15 and I want to make sure they have a great time. NCL has 4 days on land at places I would probably rather see, but it looks like slightly less offerings for kids. Carnival has 3 days at sea but I think a better boat. I know we will have a great time either way, but any help is appreciated.:)

If you haven't been to Roatan my suggestion would be to pick that ship.

It is a very beautiful Island, we did the Western Carribean last May and Roatan is one of the reasons we are going again this May.

I've done both itineraries....I'd go with NCL. Four great ports!

• 1 month later...

I would go with NCL. While on my Eastern Caribbean cruise three weeks ago several people spoke of how they loved Roatan. The freestyle option was perfect for us too because we were not locked in to eating at a certain time. I cannot say enough good things about NCL. I too, was told to go with the itinerary that had the most ports of call.

Archived