cavetubing in Belize-Carnival Excursion

kirby123

Sorry if this is repeat post, I've reviewed posts and can't seem to find answers to my questions. Cruising on the Legend leaving 3-27. Have cavetubing set up with carnival in Belize. My group is wondering what to take and is there a place to store stuff while on the water? Also, I'm not very experienced in the water(my 15th cruise and 10th with Carnival, you think I would be), is this excursion okay for me?????

One time when the water was super high people drowned in the caves.

If you are apprehensive my advise is to play it safe.

Even if you are wearing life jackets people can drown in the ocean and rivers.

One time I was on the ocean with a guy who couldn't swim and he was holding my hand and he kept pulling me down. I had to let go of him and I went back to the boat instead of exploring a cave in Jamaica.

I know that some other people here will give you better advise and give you more info. "Nervous Nelly"

Our group of 10 including my father, 78, and kids 10,12 and 15 just did the cavetubing with the company cavetubing.bz. I can't say enough good things about them. They picked us up right outside the gate.....gave us bottled water...2 private guides. It was about an hour ride to the caves but the guides were very informative and entertaining along the way. The trail walk was closer to 45 minutes but fine...they showed us a lot as we walked. We felt very safe tubing...I never once was nervous. While we were tubing you could leave anything you didn't want to bring locked in their van....clean bathroom and changing rooms at the location. After we tubed we changed back and stopped on the way back to the ship at the owner's outdoor restaurant. Lunch of chicken, rice and beans...along with a rum punch and soft drinks was included...I believe the total price is $50 per person now with transportation and lunch. Then back to the tenders. It was a favorite day for several in my party!

A woman did die a few years ago....on a Carnival excursion...the water was high and there were way too many people with too few guides.

Don't hesitate to look up this company...it is cavetubing.bz...his name is Vitalino Reyes...he has many many great reviews on tripadvisor as well...Good luck :)

This was the best ship sponsored excursion we've ever taken. It was through Carnival. Had a blast. You can leave your belongings on the bus. A person with the tour group stayed behind to guard everything.

We used cavetubing.com. They were super safe 2 guides per 10 people. It was one of the best tours we have ever been on. They even gave us lunch we had nothing but fun the whole time. Butts up

We went on this excursion in "08. You might want to use bug spray for the walk to the caves. Also, there are lockers available to store your belongings. I wouldn't wear flipflops. A shoe like Tevas or something similar are best.

We enjoyed this excursion. It did get a little crowded in the caves, when all of the tours meet up. You shouldn't have any problems. Have fun!

Gald to know you can leave your things on the bus, didn't know if we should get some kind of waterproof pack if we had to take our belongings. I go in the ocean and I can doggie paddle, just not a "water rafting" type of person. My husband does the WV gauley which seems pretty extreme. I have looked on Youtube and seen others on the cavetubes, I think I should be okay, but I will use caution-I will think of it as an adventure!!!

We did the Carnival tour on the Dream last month. There were lockers to leave your belongings in. I wrote quite about the tour in my trip report. It's in my signature below. We really enjoyed it. I was nervous about it, but I am so good we did it!!

Hi

We also went in March. The water is low at that time. A few times the guide would yell bottoms up, very funny. Wouldn't want to leave a piece of your derriere on a rock, LOL! we went with 3 kids and everyone had a great time.

Have fun. The water is clear and refreshing, lunch is good and even the bus ride is nice to see the way they live and the scenery and vegetation.

My wife and I will be on the Carnival Dream in May and just booked the cave tubing excursion through Carnival. We just feel better about doing it that way so that we know we get off the ship on one of the first tenders and are guaranteed to make it back on the ship. Plus then we don't have to worry about picking .bz, .net or .com :eek:

Anyway, I just had a couple questions. What kind of shoes will we need? I know they recommend "water shoes" and an earlier poster mentioned Tevas. I have a comfortable pair of strap on sandals that I wear when I'm in my kayak. Do you think these will be fine or should I get some shoes that actually cover my feet and not just the bottoms?

for the lockers that are available with the Carnival one, how big are they? cold I fit a backpack in them or will we need to plan on taking a smaller bag for our stuff?

Thanks for any help

Archived