What to do in Vancouver???????

believer33323

Be aware the coupons are only good for 14 days and you can only print one of each. If you are not going within that time frame do not print them out yet. I did purchase the online version, the only drawback is that it is not that easy to figure out which ones to print out. Since they cover an area that you have never been to before it would be better to have the book while you are there. I ended up printing a whole bunch just in case.

• 2 weeks later...
Be aware the coupons are only good for 14 days and you can only print one of each. If you are not going within that time frame do not print them out yet. I did purchase the online version, the only drawback is that it is not that easy to figure out which ones to print out. Since they cover an area that you have never been to before it would be better to have the book while you are there. I ended up printing a whole bunch just in case.

just to verify, the hop on hop off trolley and the aquarium were there?

just to verify, the hop on hop off trolley and the aquarium were there?

Yes, If you go into the search engine on www.entertainment.com you will find both coupons. (Vancouver Aquarium, and the HOHO Trolley)](type in the search City- Vancouver BC and then either "Vancouver Aquarium" or "Hop on Hop Off" and everything will come up

If you go tho the Vancouver Trolley site you can purchase the tickets online. They offer 2 days for the price of one as an ONLINE special. See link below. If you use the coupon, I guess you can get the same special in person. But if you have more than 2 people then I would get it online due to the fact that the coupon is only good for up to 2 people. You could always call to be sure though.

http://www.vancouvertrolley.com/tours/hop-on-hop-off

• 1 month later...

I had limited difficulty arranging all of our cruise excursions, thanks to everyone's help, however, I am finding Vancouver much more difficult to plan. How do you narrow it down? We basically have a full day plus a couple of hours. We have narrowed it down a little to Stanley park, aquarium, Granville island market and Grouse mountain. How much of that would be doable in one day? I read that Grouse mountain offers a free shuttle from Canada place, but I can't find anymore information on it. Does anyone know timing of this shuttle and how long we would need to allow for the entire trip up to Grouse mountain and back plus activities there? How long do we need at the aquarium? Thank you

Grouse Mountain clearly offers a free shuttle to and from several locations within the downtown core, but I agree no schedule is provided here is an email address that you could contact them at for information guestservices@grousemountain.com As for time on the Mountain, 3 to 4 hours including transportation to and from. Granville Island allow 2.5 hrs including transportation and for the Aquarium again about 2.5 hrs. As far as Stanley Park goes....at 1,000 acres you are not going to see a lot in the time that you have....but from a scheduling point of view it may make sense to go back to the park in the morning of your cruise and spend a couple of hours walking around in part of it, parts of it can be combined with your stop at the Aquarium but I am not sure what your energy level will be like by then.

You can go to Entertainment online . It's the online version of Entertainment books and for $4.95 you can subscribe for a month and print out several two for one coupons for Vancouver including the Hop on Hop off trolley , The Aquarium , a tour of Stanley park , scenic cruise , etc.

I recently used the online version for Vancouver. While there are many coupons for Vancouver, if you are not sure where you are wanting to go it is not that practical. Many of the coupons are for restaurants and without knowing them or where you are going to be at a specific time or day, it is very hard to decide so you end up printing out as many as possible before you leave and then not using 90% of them. If possible I would probably purchase the book if time allows. It would have been a lot easier to just look up while you are walking around or in your hotel room.

I recently used the online version for Vancouver. While there are many coupons for Vancouver, if you are not sure where you are wanting to go it is not that practical.

You have taught me something, I was not aware on the online edition of the Entertainment Book, that is a great concept for people visiting the city for a short period of time. I am certain it is the same in all cities, the Entertainment people try to sell as many restaurants as the can, as you might imagine the really good restaurants don't need to get involved in coupons, they are doing just fine. So you do end up with some second and third tier restaurants participating. That said there still are some good restaurants that do participate and with things like the the Vancouver Trolley and Aquarium...well it pays for itself, no question.

Archived