Please tell me about Carnival's cribs

valuv2travel

First time cruiser here -

I've requested a crib for my 23 month old when we cruise the Valor in April. Does Carnival use PNP or an actual crib that I can wipe down with cleaning towels? I know some PNPs can be nasty, so I'm thinking about buying a cover, but don't want to spend the $$$ if Carnival doesn't use PNPs. Also, do the crib types vary from ship to ship?

TIA!

First time cruiser here -

I've requested a crib for my 23 month old when we cruise the Valor in April. Does Carnival use PNP or an actual crib that I can wipe down with cleaning towels? I know some PNPs can be nasty, so I'm thinking about buying a cover, but don't want to spend the $$$ if Carnival doesn't use PNPs. Also, do the crib types vary from ship to ship?

TIA!

I sailed the Dream last June & had my 9 month old with us. We requested a crib as well, and we recieved a very clean white metal crib. It was clean & worked very well for the week. I'm almost positive that Carnival uses these cribs fleet wide.

Wipe it down! Antibacterial wipes. Jenn must have been lucky. :D Ours (4 borrowed) have all been dirty from being in storage. Just dirt/dust though, not bio material from what saw. Still, no point taking a chance for the cost of a 6 cent wipe, right?

They were all metal, but the 2 ships had different styles. Conquest may have been 2 different types by itself. No big deal though. They are not a standard US size, being a bit narrower. PnP sheets will work fine, but bring something other than white so they are clearly not ship's property.

Also, test it before you put the toddler in. We had the bottom fall out of one (fortunately with no harm). These are stored collapsed on a ship, which doesn't seem to be the case in most hotels. The room steward may or may not be an expert in crib construction, so it's not worth taking a chance.

I love the metal cribs!!! So much easier to sanitize and my kids sleep so much better in them. We actually bought a travel metal crib instead of a pack n play for overnight trips, etc.

Here is a pic of the crib we had on the Miracle a few years ago:

2562403480100827055S425x425Q85.jpg

Archived