what hotels does RCI use in Alaska

MJN

We are booked for post Cruise/tour #17 in Alaska for July. It says right in the itinerary what hotels will be used in Aleyeska and Talkeetna but it does not say what hotels we will have in Denali, Seward or Anchorage. Anyone know? We are also curious about the time we will get to Talkeetna because we were looking at booking an airflight to Mckinley. That would also be helpful information. Thank you to anyone who can answer those questions. MJN

Art,

How did you learn which hotels you would have? Did you call and talk to someone or did they send you something? Thanks for your info.

MJN

We are booked for post Cruise/tour #17 in Alaska for July. It says right in the itinerary what hotels will be used in Aleyeska and Talkeetna but it does not say what hotels we will have in Denali, Seward or Anchorage. Anyone know? We are also curious about the time we will get to Talkeetna because we were looking at booking an airflight to Mckinley. That would also be helpful information. Thank you to anyone who can answer those questions. MJN

When you get your Booking Confirmation from your travel agent it will list your itinerary with all of the hotels you will stay at. Last year it said that we will be at Talkeetna but it did not list a time of arrival. In Denali we have used two different hotels on two different cruises with RCL. Maybe a call to your cruise line will answer your question.

Dunn1951, Thanks, I just turned this cruise/tour over to my TA and asked her to check on those things. We may just call the cruise tour desk at RCI and ask those questions too. We are wanting to make a flight to Mt. Mckinley and the one we are interested in leaves at 11am so wasn't sure if we would be in Talkeetna by then. The hotels etc. it's more a curiosity thing. The two hotels that are named online are nice ones so I'm sure the others are too. If you did this tour last year what was your impression of it, glad you went on a tour vs. doing your own thing? Would love to know how you liked it........ Thanks, MJN

Dunn1951, Thanks, I just turned this cruise/tour over to my TA and asked her to check on those things. We may just call the cruise tour desk at RCI and ask those questions too. We are wanting to make a flight to Mt. Mckinley and the one we are interested in leaves at 11am so wasn't sure if we would be in Talkeetna by then. The hotels etc. it's more a curiosity thing. The two hotels that are named online are nice ones so I'm sure the others are too. If you did this tour last year what was your impression of it, glad you went on a tour vs. doing your own thing? Would love to know how you liked it........ Thanks, MJN

Looking at the RCI website and the itinerary for cruisetour # 17, it is highly unlikely you would be in Talkeetna by 11:00 a.m. Here is what it says:

"The morning is yours to enjoy Denali before you travel by deluxe coach to Talkeetna."

To me that means you will be spending the morning in Denali, not Talkeetna.

VBMOM87, It is true it says that but on the next day it says "Your morning and afternoon are free to enjoy the nearby nature trails, or explore an optional activity before you board the wilderness express....." I believe that will be our opportunity to do the Mckinley sightseeing. I do hope they send us a complete itinerary as soon as we make our final payment. That will make it so much easier to plan, especially when we know the times we will be moving on to the next phase of the trip.

Archived