Where are the east coast itineraries?

So......maybe I missed it somewhere. When, exactly are the summer '12, 9-night itineraries on Explorer out of NJ going to be released? I am anxiously waiting. I am closer to Baltimore, but the summer '12 itineraries are a complete let-down for me!

That's a good question. I think they should have already been released with the Northeast schedule. I have no idea why they haven't been. So at this point I guess it could be whenever they feel like it.

That's a good question. I think they should have already been released with the Northeast schedule. I have no idea why they haven't been. So at this point I guess it could be whenever they feel like it.

The longer itineraries are not considered "northeast" itineraries because they go to the Caribbean so they were not included.

So......maybe I missed it somewhere. When, exactly are the summer '12, 9-night itineraries on Explorer out of NJ going to be released? I am anxiously waiting. I am closer to Baltimore, but the summer '12 itineraries are a complete let-down for me!

The 6 night cruises to Bermuda from Baltimore sound good, but the 8 night to Bermuda, Rhode Island and Boston just don't interest me at all.

The 6 night cruises to Bermuda from Baltimore sound good, but the 8 night to Bermuda, Rhode Island and Boston just don't interest me at all.

We took the 9-night Caribbean out of Norfolk in the summer of '08 on the Grandeur. It was fantastic! We want another 9-night itinerary. 4 days at sea is just perfect for complete relaxation. I would love to do this itinerary on the larger Explorer or even a Freedom class ship. My family and I are planning a multi-generational family cruise. The 6 day Bermuda is not long enough. The 8 night really is very unappealing to all of us. It is really a shame that there are no Caribbean itineraries out of Baltimore for the summer of '12. :( I guess that I will just keep checking for the Bayonne schedules!

The longer itineraries are not considered "northeast" itineraries because they go to the Caribbean so they were not included.

Then what category would the 9 day Caribbean be under? The deployment schedule said Northeast Caribbean, bermuda, etc. Why would they include Caribbean in the category name and not release any Caribbean sailings? Also, they released the Bermuda sailings with 9days in between. Seems pretty obvious to me. Also, the rest of the Caribbean categories listed were 7 day Caribbean and short Bahamas and Caribbean sailings. Neither of which apply to the 9 day sailings.

Then what category would the 9 day Caribbean be under? The deployment schedule said Northeast Caribbean, bermuda, etc. Why would they include Caribbean in the category name and not release any Caribbean sailings? Also, they released the Bermuda sailings with 9days in between. Seems pretty obvious to me. Also, the rest of the Caribbean categories listed were 7 day Caribbean and short Bahamas and Caribbean sailings. Neither of which apply to the 9 day sailings.

While the wording is now what you indicate, I am pretty certain that the word "Caribbean" did not appear in the deployment schedule when it was first released:) When the Bermuda sailings were first posted it was obvious that there were 9 day gaps in the schedules which were likely Caribbean sailings and at that time most felt that those sailings would be released at a later date.

I'm reading the same thing you are reading and that is the way I read it also. Negc incorrectly corrected me too. I guess he didn't read my reply to him.:rolleyes:

Yes it did...read # 6, a reply I posted to you.

I re-read the schedule and revised my post. It was definitely my impression that the original announcement of the deployment schedule did not include the word Caribbean. It clearly does now, so I'm not sure why they didn't release those schedules, but they haven't.

I re-read the schedule and revised my post. It was definitely my impression that the original announcement of the deployment schedule did not include the word Caribbean. It clearly does now, so I'm not sure why they didn't release those schedules, but they haven't.

No big deal. :)

Archived