My first guarantee balcony room - Did I get an upgrade? Is this a good room?

I'm excited about our first RC cruise (3rd overall) in May on the Freedom. We booked a category X balcony guarantee. We would have been happy ANYWHERE since it's our first balcony and because we hit an amazing deal. Well we got our cabin assignment and its room 6374 a D1 superior balcony. Is this an upgrade? I half expected a less desirable location (elevator-nightclub-way forward, etc) or a lower category balcony but this seems to be a great location and I think it's a superior which is bigger maybe? Anybody been in this room or have any specifics on it? Like I said we have been inside/oceanview folks, so to us any balcony is an awesome balcony :D. I was just pleasantly surprised and excited to see that they seemed to give us a very nice cabin in a good spot.

Happy Cruising All :)

Yes, a D1 is the top category in "Balcony" staterooms. So that's as good as you could have expected. I haven't looked at the ship layout to see the location, but "D" balconies are, indeed, a bit larger than the "E" categories. D1 is normally same size as D2, D3, etc, but it may either be a more desirable location or have other features, such as extra berths or connecting to neighboring cabin that make it more desirable to some (which may not necessarily be more desirable to you).

Sounds like a good result, though. :cool:

It's the highest level balcony so you did very well in taking a guarentee. Although not really bigger then the other balconies it does have a really good location. Easy access to the Royal Promenade which is one deck down and I think you are over guest relations which should be fine.

Some folks worry about low deck balconies because of the lifeboats which could block your view of the water but the Freedom class placed them under and overhang so your view should be perfect.

I ahve not stayed on that deck before but if you got it at a good price then you did very well.

Enjoy your cruise!

Archived