Glory Review w/ Pics!! Jan 9th-16th, 2011

kdoc84

I'll be there as well and I am beyond excited. It appears that the days leading to my vacation are on slow mo:( and I can't take it anymore:rolleyes:

This is not my first cruise though it is my first in 4 1/2 years!! Soooo excited!!

Looking forward to hearing more! DH and I will be on the Glory for our first cruise EVER in 39 days!

We were on the same cruise with you! We LOVED Glory and the cruise totally bummed about missing Honduras! I also did a review but I am completely computer dumb so I couldnt figure out how to get all the pics we took on here! if anyone is interested here is the link. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1357782&highlight= Gonna check all your pics though and see if we are in the backgrounds lol

Thanks alreadypacked! I didn't realize Glory reviews with pics were in such short supply. I would have gotten to this earlier if I knew!

Thanks Dulin79! Congrats on 10 years!

Thanks sarahleebones! That first cruise is exciting! You're going to love it!

Thanks lovethesun40! Your cruise is almost here! I'm excited for you!

Thanks FallingSilver02!

Thanks whendoweleave!

Thanks bougiet!

We were on the same cruise with you! We LOVED Glory and the cruise totally bummed about missing Honduras! I also did a review but I am completely computer dumb so I couldnt figure out how to get all the pics we took on here! if anyone is interested here is the link. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1357782&highlight= Gonna check all your pics though and see if we are in the backgrounds lol

Yea it was quite disappointing to not be able to dock in Honduras. Thanks for the added review, and I hope you find yourself in a picture or two!

In response to FallingSilver02, we cruised the Western Caribbean: Cozumel, Belize City, Honduras (but didn't work out), and Grand Cayman. I didn't even realize I forgot to mention that, so my apologies.

Ok, so here is another pic of our room, sorry for it being a bit blurry.

164891_740276383174_14307735_40592959_5780092_n.jpg

That night we got to see the first of our towel animals...

179669_740276817304_14307735_40592971_7655543_n.jpg

I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be a puppy, but I've never seen one sit like that in real life. Haha.

DAY 2: Fun Day at Sea

We woke up early and went for a run on the jogging track. Boy was it beautiful to see the sun come up over the horizon. These morning runs were by far the most amazing runs of my life. It was just so beautiful. I still think about them today when I run at the gym. Staring at a bunch of treadmills just isn't the same! The jogging track only had a few people on them when I was up there between 5 and 6AM, most of whom were walking. It wasn't a hassle at all as most walked to one side and allowed the runners to pass easily.

After the work out we went back to the room and got ready for breakfast. Today we decided to try the Lido buffet for breakfast. The food was more than acceptable. I didn't find the eggs runny, but I don't like my eggs super dry to begin with. That usually means that I drown them in ketchup and at that point I'm just having some eggs with my ketchup. The bacon most mornings was in a greasy stuck together mass. A couple of mornings it was ok looking so that's when I tried it and I enjoyed it. There were all sorts of sliced lunch meats and cheeses out but I'm not big on that stuff for breakfast so I pretty much avoided that. Having the milk in those little pint cartons brought me back to my elementary school days! I joked about that a couple of times throughout the week. The dessert bar of course was delicious and I never went a meal without trying most items out.

After breakfast we started to go out and explore the ship a little bit more. We found our way to the Adults Only section and at this time of the morning it was empty. I made my way over to one of the hammocks...

163174_740461781634_14307735_40596969_8366313_n.jpg

Hmmm, how do you work this thing???

167173_740461871454_14307735_40596971_3888592_n.jpg

Ahh, success!

After hanging out there for a while we decided to give the deck chess a try...

166330_740462021154_14307735_40596973_7342508_n.jpg

P.S. I won! Shh, don't let my GF know I'm bragging!

After laying out on the deck for a bit and taking in some sun we decided to go back to the room and regroup and figure out what to do for the rest of the day.

162741_740462495204_14307735_40596989_2387760_n.jpg

That's a very lonnnnnnnnnngggggggggg hallway back to our room. The schedules that they leave for you in your room are very useful. The itemized schedule on the right is very beneficial since it's perforated and you can rip it off and bring it around with you. Every day I had that in my pocket so we always knew what was going on. We checked out trivia games and shows that were listed on there that we would have otherwise missed. Definitely check those out! It because a ritual every night before bed to sit for a few minutes and highlight the events we didn't want to miss. We had a ranking system of things we DEFINITELY didn't want to miss, things we thought would be interesting, and things that we would check out if we weren't doing anything else. I like to plan, so this was very useful.

To be continued...

Love your review & all the pics. :) Looking forward to the rest.

While the icecream cone looked really good, I was REALLY admiring the gal in the background with her DOD. I could use about 6 of those right now to get me started. LOL! :D

This is making me soooo much more excited!! I will be on the Glory for the 2nd time come April 24th I love it so much the 1st time i just had to go back!!

I'm happy to assist in hyping you up!

thanks for the review and pictures, only 304 more days :S

You're better off than me, I've got 331 days left!

My husband & I will be on that sailing as well. Soooooooo excited! :D

Happy sailing carncruiser!

Thank you so much! I can't wait until June!! I had heard that the cabins on Carnival were much larger than NCL, but seeing these photos is amazing!

No problem, Mooder! Glad I could help!

I love your review. We will be cruising May 15th on the Glory. Can't wait to read more.

Thanks, Dreamer! Well I'm certainly jealous of you! Happy sailing!

Love your review & all the pics. :) Looking forward to the rest.

While the icecream cone looked really good, I was REALLY admiring the gal in the background with her DOD. I could use about 6 of those right now to get me started. LOL! :D

Thanks, pacarolinagirl! Haha yeah I guess I just love soft serve that much because I'm still drooling over that instead of the DOD. Haha.

Great review -

I will be boarding the Glory this Sunday.

Cheers

John from Denver

Thanks, john07! Excellent! Happy sailing!

Great Picture Review, I sail Glory in 3 months, can't wait.

Thank you.

Thanks, Brighton! Happy sailing!

My husband & I will be on that sailing as well. Soooooooo excited! :D

Well, it looks like you are very seasoned travellers (or cruisers) and I'm sure you could teach us a few things!! ;)

We're really looking forward to our first cruise, especially since we are having a horrible snow/ice storm today.... :(

We'll be one of the last families boarding the ship, because our flight times are horrible, but please forgive us, Carnival booked these flights! We have to make the most of it! LOL!!

Loving your review so far, can't wait to see more!! Looking forward to my own Glory cruise in May! :D Did you travel Eastern or Western Caribbean?

Hey I see you are checking out the reveiw also. Lovin that Hammock!!!!

Archived