Tell me about the Pride!!!

chach123

Hi everyone! Boyfriend and I will be sailing on the pride to GT, HMC, and Nassau in August and I can't wait! This forum has been absolutely wonderful and so so helpful...so, tell me your opinions about the pride! What's your opinion on it? Embarkation/debarkation experiences? Staff? Rooms? Pools? Spa? Anything!!! Thanks in Advance!

We love the Pride We will be going out on her for the third time in Sept. Checking in and out is very organized. We get to the Port around 12:00 and usually are onboard by 1:30.

Love my cabins steward last year and the food both years. Ask any questions you want. I'll be glad to answer.

:)

Thank you!!! Did you go to the steakhouse? If so, how was it? Also, I am confused with the options of dining . I know there is the Lido Buffet, the Meraid Grille, and I guess the main dining room? How formal do people dress on elegant night from what you've seen on the pride?

Hi everyone! Boyfriend and I will be sailing on the pride to GT, HMC, and Nassau in August and I can't wait! This forum has been absolutely wonderful and so so helpful...so, tell me your opinions about the pride! What's your opinion on it? Embarkation/debarkation experiences? Staff? Rooms? Pools? Spa? Anything!!! Thanks in Advance!

Check out this review complete with pictures:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1361443&highlight=carnival+pride+review

We were on the Pride Jan 2011. Yes, the steakhouse is excellent and well worth the extra $30pp. The mermaid grill is on the Lido deck and is a buffett. You can eat there for all three meals, if you'd like. The main dining room is open for all meals also but for dinner you'll have either early seating, late seating or anytime dining. We had anytime dining and it worked out awesome. I do like late dining too, I've had that before. There is also room service 24hrs a day. Breakfast is more continental and the rest of the day you can get sandwhiches, salads, etc. Not a real hot menu like some hotels. Its nice for coffee or tea in the morning before going to breakfast. Breakfast and lunch in the main dining room is nice and not so much chaos but on port days, getting a quick bite at the buffet is much faster. I believe if you make your reservations at the steakhouse for the first night, you get a bottle of wine. Monday and Friday will be the elegant nights. Monday is the lobster night. Most people dress in suits and dresses. Some will dress more casually tho. I've seen some in tuxes and gowns but not too much. Just depends on you. I generally wear a simple dress and the hubby dress pants, shirt and tie.

Go to the tea in the afternoon. Its nice and fun. It was in the main dining room when we were there. Trivia is fun and there are so many things going on all day long, you'll never be bored. The serenity area is nice and much more quiet, its kid free. If you have kids, camp carnival is excellent and most kids really seem to like it and never want to come to hang out with parents.

Enjoy the pools and sun and just relax! The shows are really great. They do an around the world show that was so much fun. Bingo is fun but can be expensive, so look for the specials. The massages in the spa are great.

Have fun, if you have any specific questions, please ask!;)

• 2 weeks later...
We love the Pride We will be going out on her for the third time in Sept. Checking in and out is very organized. We get to the Port around 12:00 and usually are onboard by 1:30.

Love my cabins steward last year and the food both years. Ask any questions you want. I'll be glad to answer.

:)

Did you go on the GT HMC Nassau itinerary?

If so we aren't in Nassau very long - -Any recommendations for excursions that day?

Archived