Best activities at each port of call

33tekfan

Newbie here - please bear with me!

We are doing Western Carribean on FOS in February. What are the best things to do in each port? If you could only do one thing in each place, waht would it be? I desperately want to do a dolphin encounter/swim but would like to hear what you all think is the best one. It seems I can get similar excursions in each port, but we'd like to do something different in each one so I'd like some input on the best of each place.

Lastly, how many of you just "do your own thing" in port rather than book an excursion? How did that work out for you?

Thank you all in advance for your help!

We've done this same ship/itinerary already and are doing the same one again in August.

Last time the only excursions we did were Blue Hole (Irie) in Ocho, Jamaica and a Sanctuary to see rare Blue Iguanas in Grand Cayman (son's birthday present). These 2 excursions are not typical and RCCL does not offer either.

In August, we are celebrating our oldest daugter's 16th birthday and plan to do many excursions. I have been doing ALOT of research. This is a tentative plan since we still have a few months to make final decisions.

Labadee, Haati - Aqua Park on beach - inflateables on water (kids loved this last time, daughter may also go parasailing, spend time on beach

Falmouth, Jamaica - Irie Mon Beach Break (Wednesdays are party day on Cornwall Beach) or Chukka Beach Break or Mystic Mountain Tranopy (Bobsled, Zipline, Sky Explorer, Pool with slide), shopping

Grand Cayman - Stingray City, 7 mile Beach, Turtle Farm, maybe town of Hell (probably not though)

Cozumel Mexico - Dolphin Discovery to do Royal Swim with Dolphin, Sea Lions Encounter and Manatees Encounter, shopping

This is the first time we are doing so many excursions. It is very easy to explore on your own if you want to same money.

After all of this, I think I will need another vacation.:D

Lastly, how many of you just "do your own thing" in port rather than book an excursion? How did that work out for you?

Thank you all in advance for your help!

Haven't booked a ship excursion yet. Always do our own thing and haven't missed the ship yet (despite people always giving this as the reason to book ship excursions). I do lots of research first on these forums and plan something for each port. No regrets so far.

Best wishes!

Archived