SS Air from Chicago to Barbados

itzfitz2

Anyone using SS SilverAir program to Barbados from Chicago? How were you routed? On what airline? When did you receive your Air information? It looks like there are not too many options for getting there from here. Did you have to go a day early? Just curious how you got to Barbados. Thanks for any light you can shed on this.

I noticed no one replied yet so thought I'd add my two cents. I had the same questions on other trips in which we've traveled to or from Barbados. You are right, there are typically not a lot of options to BGI and we've gone the night before as some airlines don't fly very day to Barbados unless it's in season. American goes every day, I think, and US Air a few times a week. I suspect you'll go American from Chicago thru Miami (we fly from either Boston or Providence). Most Barbados flights connect thru Miami (or London--British airways!) but US Air connects thru Charlotte or PHL. You've probably already done this but can do a search on expedia to see what the possibilities are. Once I've booked, the travel agent has contacted silversea air and we have received our flight info within 72 hours. Silversea air promises to reply within 72 hours so you should have your air info rather promptly. Hope that helps.

Thanks Herman for your two cents worth! My TA has contacted SS several times since we have booked and they have yet to issue my air arrangements. Last week she was told that they were busy redirecting passengers who were booked through Tokyo. I certainly understand that. Our cruise doesn't depart until November 4, 2011. AA through Miami is the most probable route from what I can see BUT if they book us on the day of departure (which is at 11 p.m.) the AA flights from ORD don't get in until 8:07 or 9:45 p.m. Doesn't that seem like it would be cutting it close? Do they book through Miami with an overnight in MIA? If so, who pays for the hotel? That seems to be the most comfortable way to get us there.

Stevenb, I looked at the airfares for November and they are considerably more than $274. I really would love to take advantage of the "free" air if we can but if the times don't suit us, I can hopefully do an air deviation.

Thanks to both of you for responding! I started thinking that no one had flown from ORD to BGI!!!!!

I looked at the prices and I see $239 for Economy Super Saver for Business $648

We fly Economy Super Saver as it is only 3 hours for us

Maybe fly into Miami the day before then fly the next am

MIA 09:55 AM

01:30 PM BGI

Archived