Which daysail in Barbados?

debshomespun

I have done research on the daysails in Barbados. The 3 major ones seems to be Silvermoon (24 passenger), Sasha, and Cool Runnings. Which do you think would be the best, and why? Trying to decide which one we should book with. I would like to swim with the turtles, and also would like to have a beach stop for a short time. Thanks!

Just returned on the Serenade and we did Silvermoon. We were actually on the boat that takes the 12 out even though there were 24 of us. The other boat had been chartered and had 30+ people and it is the bigger boat. With all that said, I really enjoyed the boat we were on as it had a lot of shade if you wanted and was a nicer boat so I was glad that we ended up on it. There was plenty of room even with 24 of us so I can only imagine what it would be like with only 12. The other boat that we should have been on was larger, but not as much space to get out of the sun. As far as the service goes, drinks were available the minute you stepped on the boat and they had soft drinks, water, rum punch, rum & cokes, and beer that I know of. After the first snorkel we were served warm banana bread that was so good!!!! We then went to the turtles and after the turtles they brought out lunch. Chicken, flying fish, macaroni pie (mac & cheese) coleslaw, salad, rice all served on regular plates (not paper). You could also have a glass of wine with lunch if you wanted (plus anything else). All was very good! We then had time to go in the water and swim for about 45 min or so.....then it was time to sail back. About 1/2 way back they brought out delicious carrot cake and started making pina coladas if you wanted one. The sail back was so relaxing and I thoroughly enjoyed it. The snorkeling was not too good in my opinion and there were about 5 turtles but too many people (kids and adults flailing in the water) for my liking. He really tried to keep us away from the masses, but that's the way it goes. So to wrap this very detailed review up.....Would I go with Silvermoon again? Absolutely!!!!! It was my favorite day. It is very low key. The captain (Ben, I think) was very nice but don't expect a big party. We rode up on the net and they would come by and ask you what you wanted to drink and bring it to you. Maybe our experience was different, but I wouldn't expect exceptional snorkeling though. Can't compare to any other trips, just know how much we enjoyed Silvermoon. One more thing....there were a group of 4 adults on our sail that have been to Barados 5X and had done this same trip 5X so I guess that says something!

Good luck with planning and hope you have a great time, whichever you pick!!

After going back and re-reading your post....there was no beach stop, we just anchored.

We booked with Calabaza this past February. The best cat excursion we have done by far. Swam with the turtles and snorkeled at one other spot. There was the option for some beach time after lunch. Food was out of this world. Gina and the crew were great. Picked us up at the pier and dropped us off. $100pp transportation to and from pier included. The only take 12 people per trip. We will be back in Barbados in January 2012 and I would not hesitate to book with Calabaza again.

-Kristi

Hey cruisin' kls and cruisinbiker, I see we are all on the Serenade, 1/28 sailing! I am checking with Calabaza to see if we can join them! Thanks for your replies! I had read your replies here, then checked our roll call, and found you both again!

Would highly recommend Gina and her crew. We sailed with them last week and had a wonderful time. The kids and grandkids loved every minute of the sail. They only take a maximum of 12 so it is not crowded at all.

pittypat

We had a great day with Sasha last week; everything was just what we wanted:)...... only 10 people, nice sailing, good snorkelling with the turtles before the hordes of people arrived, delicious lunch, nice crew, good transportation arrangements to/from ship ....

Archived