List Of Where Your Favorite CD Might Be?? (merged)

James Andrews was the CD on the Mariner in January and we thought he did a very good job. We hope he is on the Freedom for 15 Oct this year.

Graham Seymour did a good job on the Navigator in May, just not very visible around the ship. Good sense of humor and fullfilled all of his obligations very well.

I hope KM takes a vacation the same time next year.

We'll be interested in who's on the Sovereign in Sep and the Legend the end of November.

We just go the word from the Rhapsody guest relations manager that Dan Dan the moron man is gone and Mo Money Marnie just got promoted to Cruise Director last week!

Congratulatons Marnie on a well deserved promotion!!!

I just got off the AOS on Sunday and Simeon Baker is the CD and he stated that last week was his 2nd week. I was not too impressed and I agree that Matt Baker was the most entertaining CD of any RCI cruise I have been on.

John & Shari

We just go the word from the Rhapsody guest relations manager that Dan Dan the moron man is gone and Mo Money Marnie just got promoted to Cruise Director last week!

Congratulatons Marnie on a well deserved promotion!!!

Marnie is filling in until Dan returns in Late July - he told me in May he would be off from May 21st to Late July, but wasn't sure who his replacement was, but he did know for sure he would be returning.

I will be on Explorer in Oct. I understand that Alan Brooks is going on vacation until just after my sail dates. Does anyone know who will be replacing him from Aug. to Oct. on Explorer?:confused:

During our Explorer OTS cruise in April, Clo said she would be back in August. At least that's what I seem to remember. Anyone else???

Marnie is filling in until Dan returns in Late July - he told me in May he would be off from May 21st to Late July, but wasn't sure who his replacement was, but he did know for sure he would be returning.

According to Monica, the guest relations manager on board the ship, Marnie was promoted last week to be the cruise director on the ship, not just filling in.

Here are some more current updates.

Current Cruise Directors:

Adventure OTS - Richard Spacey confirmed 5/30/06

Brilliance OTS - Bill Brunkhorst confirmed 4/7/06 (until 6/16/06)

Empress OTS - ?????? confirmed 6/9/06

Enchantment OTS - Carly Boileau as of 5/23/06

Explorer OTS - Alan Brooks confirmed 5/4/06

Freedom OTS - Ken Rush (Soon to be James Andrews)

Grandeur OTS - Ashley Kerr confirmed 4/8/06

Jewel OTS - Karen Mayberry confirmed 4/22/06

Legend OTS - Gavin Brown confirmed 4/1/06

Majesty OTS - Jimmy Rhodes confirmed 6/13/06

Mariner OTS - Becky Thompson confirmed 6/5/06

Monarch OTS - Marc Walker confirmed 5/5/06

Navigator OTS - Graham Seymour confirmed 6/4/06

Radiance OTS - Keiron Buffrey confirmed 4/25/06

Rhapsody OTS - Dan Whitney confirmed 4/15/06

Serenade OTS - Kirk Detweiler confirmed 6/9/06

Sovereign OTS - Chris Armas confirmed 5/5/06

Splendour OTS - Peter Benfield confirmed 4/8/06

Vision OTS - Keith Williams confirmed 6/9/06

Voyager OTS - Simeon Baker confirmed 4/22/06

Cruise Directors on Holiday:

Gordon Whatman

Moe

Mike Hunnerup

Clodagh O'Connor

James Andrews

Drew Devine

Rico Du Breil

As of the end of April 2006, the CD was Keith Williams. We sailed on her at that time into Philly.

Just thought I would let everyone interested know that the GREAT Graham Seymour is currently the CD on board. He absolutely MADE our cruise. If you happen about this post Graham know that Vegas is showing you lots of love and "sup" has become the staple greeting in our household. Hope you happen out this way sometime, you could no less than headline in this town and take it by storm!! Take care of Hammy!!

According to Monica, the guest relations manager on board the ship, Marnie was promoted last week to be the cruise director on the ship, not just filling in.

The way Dan made it sound when I talked to him at the Diamond welcome back party, he said that he would be back, and Marnie (I am assuming who he was talking about - he didn't give a name) would do 2 months on that ship, and then rotate another CD off.

I really like Dan, he does a great job. I actually wouldn't mind seeing him leave the Rhapsody and go to a Bigger ship. I am personally not a big fan of Monica, and the way her and her bohemith of a superviser (Karin) the hotel manager treet people. I can't wait till they take the Rhapsody out of Galveston in the winter and put the Voyager there!

Also i think with Dan and Marnie, they play off each other a lot, and work very well together - so it will be interesting to see how they do on their own whichever ships they end up on.

Your right the list will change a lot. I am willing to keep it up if other can help out by posting when they know of a change. Having to try and search on a regular basis won't work. If I get tired of it then I'll let everyone know and someone else can take over.

As for James Andrews, I am sure he is still with RCCL He might be on vacation or might even be on a ship right now, but unless someone posts to say where he is I don't know. Some of the "as-of" dates are getting old as I could not find more recent updates.

Anyways, here is an updated list based on the feedback everyone posted:

Adventure of the Seas – Peter Benfield (as of 3/17/05)

Brilliance of the Seas – Dan Whitney (as of 3/8/05)

Empress of the Seas – Amy? (as of 1/17/05)

Enchantment of the Seas – Matt Baker (as of 3/14/05)

Explorer of the Seas - Clodagh O'Conner (as of 2/20/05)

Grandeur of the Seas – Tom Canosa (as of 2/15/05)

Jewel of the Seas – Jill Tasker (as of 2/12/05)

Legend of the Seas – Mike Hunnerup (as of 3/12/05)

Majesty of the Seas – Warren ?? (as of 2/21/05)

Mariner of the Seas – Kirk Detweiler (as of 2/27/05)

Monarch of the Seas – Marc Walker ( as of 1/17/05)

Navigator of the Seas – Ken Rush (as of 3/10/05)

Radiance of the Seas – Gordon Whatman (as of 3/13/05)

Rhapsody of the Seas – Peter Benfield (as of 2/20/05)

Serenade of the Seas – Bill Brunkhorst (as of 2/7/04)

Sovereign of the Seas – Chris Arman? – (as of 3/4/05)

Splendour of the Seas – Rico (as of 2/19/05) (reportedly changing to Graham Seymour late March)

Vision of the Seas – John Blair (as of 2/6/05)

Voyager of the Seas – Becky Thompson (as of 3/13/05)

Bill Brunkhorst was on Brilliance of the Seas April 28, 2006 on the Transatlantic cruise. I have no idea when he went to Brilliance, though - so this is the *best guess* date.

Fran in Toronto

Allow me to update the list from the updates on here and from some other sources:

Adventure OTS - Simeon Baker confirmed 7/1/06

Brilliance OTS - Mike Hunnerup confirmed 7/2/06

Empress OTS - ?????? confirmed 6/9/06

Enchantment OTS - Carly Boileau as of 5/23/06

Explorer OTS - Alan Brooks confirmed 5/4/06

Freedom OTS - Ken Rush (Soon to be James Andrews)

Grandeur OTS - Clodagh O Connor confirmed ?

Jewel OTS - Bill Bronkhorst confirmed 6/20/06

Legend OTS - Gordon Whatman confirmed 5/5/06

Majesty OTS - Jimmy Rhodes confirmed 6/13/06

Mariner OTS - Becky Thompson confirmed 6/5/06

Monarch OTS - Marc Walker confirmed 5/5/06

Navigator OTS - Graham Seymour confirmed 6/4/06

Radiance OTS - Keiron Buffrey confirmed 4/25/06

Rhapsody OTS - Marnie Campbell confirmed 6/28/06

Serenade OTS - Matt Sole confirmed 7/3/06

Sovereign OTS - Casey Pelter confirmed 7/2/06

Splendour OTS - Leo Papa confirmed 7/2/06

Vision OTS - Keith Williams confirmed 6/9/06

Voyager OTS - Rico Du Breil confirmed 7/2/06

Good news - Becky was on the Mariner last week.

Bad news - Becky fell into the orchestra pit during one of her high energy moments. She injured her ankle and foot. She was able to limp around using a cane or riding in a wheelchair for the rest of the week. She says she will be OK.

I just got back from the Freedom (yesterday). I'm sooooooooooo sad about THAT, but I found out that Ken Rush will be taking the Liberty out. I booked the inaugural cruise on the Liberty to be SURE to sail with Ken as CD again. In my opinion, he's the BEST. I've never been so impressed with a CD. He's professional when he should be, extremely funny in the right situations, and very likeable and approachable.

I can't wait for the Liberty and already feel confident that Ken will again have everything perfectly organized.

Can you tell I just came off an absolutely PERFECT cruise? Ken couldn't have done a better job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lynn (and Alan and Edward) from South Florida

We were just on Freedom on June 25th...( Hi Lynn...hi Alan ) and Ken Rush showed himself to us to be a top notch Cruise Director. He is full of energy and enthusiasm which helps to propell the mood of the cruise waaaaay upward. He is involved in everything and pops up where you least expect him ( ie...from the box in the magic show ) Kudos to Ken for his excellent job. Besides all of that, he is easily approachable and DOES remember names. It's worth going on a cruise just to have him there.

Lynn, as you may remember Ken saying, the July 2nd cruise was to be his last due to a vacation. He didn't say exactly when he was returning to Freedom, or how long he was going to stay on as CD on Freedom.

Catch him if you can... it's a show unto itself.

.....John & Carol

Hi, John,

I'm not exactly sure either as to when or if Ken is coming back to Freedom. I believe after vacation he'll start working on Liberty ... which I've booked for May 19th (maiden voyage). I wish I had thought to ask him whether he'll be changing the shows for Liberty or not. I don't care either way. They were sooooo great that I would like to see them again ... especially Once Upon a Time. But if they're different, that's fine, too, because I'm sure they'll be great.

Ken is the best CD! I have faith in anything he plans for entertainment.

It was GREAT meeting you and Carol. I hope we'll get to cruise again someday and hopefully spend some time together.

Lynn

Catch him if you can... it's a show unto itself.

On this we surely agree! :)

And Lynn, as wonderful as Ken may be, I don't believe he has any hand in the creation of the production shows.

T

Archived