List Of Where Your Favorite CD Might Be?? (merged)

we just spent a month on 2 back2back cruises with Bill and found him to be very genuine and friendly. He is not given to using terms such as "awesome" and "world famous" when introducing entertainers; he is very low key compared to some of the screamers you hear so often, and we found that to be a welcome relief. He also makes an effort to meet and mingle with the passengers rather than holding himself aloof from them as so many CDs are prone to do.:)

I must echo what others have written about Bill Brunkhorst. We first met Bill many years ago when he was on the ship in a dance duo with his sister. We then had the good fortune to run into him when he was on Enchantment last February the week before he became interim CD on that ship. We spent a couple of hours with him chatting in Boleros and found out that he would be the CD on Brilliance when we were going on our TA in April. He told us to let him know when we were on the ship.

We not only heard from him and were greeted warmly by name, he sent us a bottle of wine. He is very much a gentleman and an excellent CD. We much prefer his personality over some of the other CDs who are less visible but louder when you do see them.

You will have a wonderful trip. Have fun.

Here's the latest update, folding in all the posts since October 20. I've only included updates for actual reports, not including speculation on future assignments. Those are too likely to change, even if the speculation was correct when it was made.

[b]Adventure                  Date Confirmed  Confirmed By[/b]
  Richard Spacey              10/17/06     addictedinflorida
  Richard Spacey              09/03/06     mjsshipboy
[b]Brilliance                 Date Confirmed  Confirmed By[/b]
  Bill Brunkhorst             11/22/06     stonerb
  Mike Hunnerup               09/00/06     Iwantsun
  Mike Hunnerup               07/02/06 
[b]Empress                    Date Confirmed  Confirmed By[/b]
  Warren Melhuish (Allen)     08/01/06
[b]Enchantment                Date Confirmed  Confirmed By[/b]
  Paul Rutter                 08/13/06     dbarry
[b]Explorer                   Date Confirmed  Confirmed By[/b]
  Alan Brooks                 10/20/06     cruisingirls
  Ashley Kerr                 08/19/06
[b]Freedom                    Date Confirmed  Confirmed By[/b]
  Abe Hughes                  11/14/06     ~*Sarah*~
  Ken Rush                    10/15/06     MACOP
  Ken Rush                    09/17/06     bilyclub
  James Andrews               07/24/06
[b]Grandeur                   Date Confirmed  Confirmed By[/b]
  Eric Dowis                  11/05/06     TPKeller
  Eric Dowis                  09/29/06     Radio
  Gavin Brown                 08/13/06
[b]Jewel                      Date Confirmed  Confirmed By[/b]
  Karen Maybury               11/15/06     negc
  Karen Maybury               09/22/06     stonerb
  Karen Maybury               09/03/06     mjsshipboy
[b]Legend                     Date Confirmed  Confirmed By[/b]
  Marc Walker                 05/05/06
[b]Majesty                    Date Confirmed  Confirmed By[/b]
  Hamish Davis                09/04/06     dmndlil
  Jimmy Rhodes                06/13/06
[b]Mariner                    Date Confirmed  Confirmed By[/b]
  Kirk Detweiler              10/22/06     TheBigDog
  Kirk Detweiler              08/28/06     The 4 of Us
[b]Monarch                    Date Confirmed  Confirmed By[/b]
  Johnny O                    07/30/06
[b]Navigator                  Date Confirmed  Confirmed By[/b]
  Shane Einspahr              09/01/06     Seatravelers
[b]Radiance                   Date Confirmed  Confirmed By[/b]
  Kieron Buffery              09/28/06     sissymaryuk
  Pierce Ivan                 09/16/06     IMNiles
  Pierce Ivan                 07/31/06
[b]Rhapsody                   Date Confirmed  Confirmed By[/b]
  Dan Whitney                 07/30/06
[b]Serenade                   Date Confirmed  Confirmed By[/b]
  Matt ?                      11/15/06     dramaqueen4lyfe
  Ashley Kerr                 10/24/06     mjsshipboy
  Gordon Whitman              10/22/06     critterchick
  Matt Sole                   10/16/06     pbhunt
  Matt Sole                   07/03/06
[b]Sovereign                  Date Confirmed  Confirmed By[/b]
  Chris Arams                 11/03/06     Parrothead8
  Chris Arams                 09/15/06     nlcentralchmps03
  Chris Armas                 08/13/06
[b]Splendour                  Date Confirmed  Confirmed By[/b]
  Simeon Baker                10/17/06     sissymaryuk
  Leo Papa                    07/02/06
[b]Vision                     Date Confirmed  Confirmed By[/b]
  John Blair                  10/22/06     stonerb
  John Blair                  09/04/06     mjsshipboy
[b]Voyager                    Date Confirmed  Confirmed By[/b]
  Leonardo Papa               09/15/06     German Wunderkind
  Rico Du Breil               07/02/06

Theron

we just spent a month on 2 back2back cruises with Bill and found him to be very genuine and friendly. He is not given to using terms such as "awesome" and "world famous" when introducing entertainers; he is very low key compared to some of the screamers you hear so often, and we found that to be a welcome relief. He also makes an effort to meet and mingle with the passengers rather than holding himself aloof from them as so many CDs are prone to do.:)

I agree. I had a good conversation with him one night in the Schooner Bar. He doesn't try to be more than he is, and is really quite engaging. I liked him.

Fran in Toronto

Here's the latest update, folding in all the posts since October 20. I've only included updates for actual reports, not including speculation on future assignments. Those are too likely to change, even if the speculation was correct when it was made.

Theron

Becky Thompson is currently on Mariner. I know she was on for the 11/12 cruise and I just got off from the 11/19 cruise and she was there.

Bummer! I was looking forward to having Ken Rush onboard Freedom with us. :(

You more than likely WILL Have Ken. I talked to Abe last month, and He was getting promoted to CD (He was Ken's Assistant CD) He was going to take over for Ken for 2 weeks on the Freedom, to be monitered by ken for advise, have a few weeks off, and then go to the Rhapsody for 2-3 months. Ken was going to take back over after that 2 week period.

However, If you do have Abe, don't be dissapointed, he was a really nice guy!

You more than likely WILL Have Ken. I talked to Abe last month, and He was getting promoted to CD (He was Ken's Assistant CD) He was going to take over for Ken for 2 weeks on the Freedom, to be monitered by ken for advise, have a few weeks off, and then go to the Rhapsody for 2-3 months. Ken was going to take back over after that 2 week period.

However, If you do have Abe, don't be dissapointed, he was a really nice guy!

Thanks for the info! Glad to know either one will be good. :)

We just stepped off of Voyager yesterday, and had been greeted upon arrival with the happy news that Graham Seymour would be our CD. Although we actually had dinner with the Captain, the conversation never seemed appropriate to ask the circumstances under which Graham seemed to be "back." It could be that he's on one of his fill-in duties, but it seemed he would be there until sometime in January. We were pleasantly surprised, but intrigued to know if "Hammy's Manager" is really back for good. Had a great time watching him do his thing again!

if so did you ask him? He may be filling in for a vacationing CD. I'd love to be back with him on Brilliance 4/16 for the 13 nt TA. We did 10 Princess cruises with him. So happy for him that he found his wife. Very lucky gal!

We just stepped off of Voyager yesterday, and had been greeted upon arrival with the happy news that Graham Seymour would be our CD. Although we actually had dinner with the Captain, the conversation never seemed appropriate to ask the circumstances under which Graham seemed to be "back." It could be that he's on one of his fill-in duties, but it seemed he would be there until sometime in January. We were pleasantly surprised, but intrigued to know if "Hammy's Manager" is really back for good. Had a great time watching him do his thing again!

Bummer! I was looking forward to having Ken Rush onboard Freedom with us. :(

You have a really good chance of Ken being your CD. Abe only replaced Ken for a two week period (Per Ken himself during Quest on 11/5 sailing). Ken was leaving to do some marketing for Liberty and upon his return, Abe will be transferring to Rhapsody as her new CD. So, by now Ken should be back on Freedom.

The Cruise Director on SOS is Chris Armas. He is very personable & really works hard! He was very entertaining during the Sail Away party from Nassau, and if he saw you in the hall - he always asked how you were doing & if you were having a good time. Excellent!

if so did you ask him? He may be filling in for a vacationing CD. I'd love to be back with him on Brilliance 4/16 for the 13 nt TA. We did 10 Princess cruises with him. So happy for him that he found his wife. Very lucky gal!

Only talked to the Captain. As I said, the conversation didn't turn in a way where it seemed appropriate to ask. As another has posted, we did hear that Graham was only on until January. But, that's several weeks. Seemed like a long fill-in for him since he just stopped working cruises recently. Glad we had him, though!

Archived