Water?

msstarr22

I do, but only in the MDR and from their fountains at the buffet. But not the tap water in the room.

When we were on the Liberty I needed to take a pill but didn't feel like going down to get it so I happen to bump into our Steward and asked her if it was okay to drink the tap water. She cringed and said no!! LOL I then sent hubby to get me water. :p

I do, but only in the MDR and from their fountains at the buffet. But not the tap water in the room.

When we were on the Liberty I needed to take a pill but didn't feel like going down to get it so I happen to bump into our Steward and asked her if it was okay to drink the tap water. She cringed and said no!! LOL I then sent hubby to get me water. :p

REALLY? :eek: It's not OK to drink the tap water? Anyone else heard this???

The water all over the ship-- whether from your bathroom tap or the Lido-- is all from the same source. It's all potable and safe.

I've been on 15 cruises and I always drink lots of water on the ship. And it's almost always been delicious-- I say "almost" because the only exception was the water on the Fascination, which tasted downright funky. I only drank that at dinner and only after putting lemon in it.

I don't know. My first Carnival sailing is next month. I did find some vids of nasty yellow/brown poopy water coming from the taps.

I am sure you all have seen the vid, but just in case.

and another

Generally i LOOOVE the tap water on the carnival ships, its so filtered and nice and clean :) Especially in the dining rooms. I almost never drink anything but the ice water at dinner.

That being said... the brown water DOES exist occasionally.

I got the brown water on the Triumph a couple of years ago. :( Kind of distressing. It didn't smell like anything, so I'm assuming it was just rust or pipe junk, and it went away after an hour or two, and the water was back to normal the rest of the trip. The purser desk even offered us $20 OBC for the inconvenience when we reported it. So yeah, kind of gross, but hey if you notice that the water coming out of your tap is brown, I'd assume you have the smarts to know not to drink it LOL :)

Any brown or yellow is likely from corrosion in the pipes at that fixture, not the water itself.

Anyone know exactly how Carnival purifies the water, as in via steam distillation or reverse osmosis? Given the quantities they need on a ship I'm thinking RO.

All the time. I have also had the tap water with ice and noticed no difference other than it all tastes better than what I have at home.

;)

wow thats scary, maybe you guys shouldnt drink your tap water! Also maybe some ships are different all i know is the Victory's tap water was really really gross, the water in the dining room tasted like our tap water at home to me. There is NO way they are the same water, even if the tap water had ice, it would still taste horrible, i tried that one night.

New York City: Continuously wins # 1 Taste & Cleanliness ratings for it's water.

That's where I was brought up.

Therefore: I can assure you that the taste of converted saltwater on Carnival ships......is NOT gourmet to MY tastebuds !

Poland Springs bottled water......EXCELLENT.......and we bring a S _ _ T load of it onboard in main luggage as well as carry-ons.

Will drink the suspicious saltwater only after the bottled stuff is gone! (usually about day 6).

Yes, last time I was meeting with aliens at Area 51. Do these people think they have two different water treatment systems and send bad water to the cabins and good water to everywhere else via two different plumbing systems?

Archived